The BEATLES (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Fab tunes will transcend the ages as it has always exhibited an inherent power of accessability towards music lovers of all walks.From England to America and around thr world,time will hardly relent in regard to the Beatles sheer appeal to the every man....

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I just saw the new Beatles documentary, "Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years". It was directed by Ron Howard. As a bonus, after the doc they showed the Beatles' entire Shea Stadium '65 performance. Totally fab.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Fab tunes will transcend the ages as it has always exhibited an inherent power of accessability towards music lovers of all walks.From England to America and around thr world,time will hardly relent in regard to the Beatles sheer appeal to the every man....

The Beatles were truly astonishing. You can only really appreciate it looking back on what they did all that time ago. I was maybe 9 years old when they burst onto the scene and of course it was pop music, but of a type we had never heard before. The stuff they did in the years '66-'70 have shaped what we have been listening to ever since.

Flower Child

Love will overcome all.
Reaction score
Just watched a Youtube Television Concert yesterday from 1965 that was set at Wembley I believe and it was called NME Pollwinners Concert. I would love to post it but I don't know how to. There were many bands including the original Moody Blues, The Seekers, Freddie and the Dreamers, The Animals, The Rolling Stones, and The Kinks. The Beatles however were by far the class of the stage.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Just watched a Youtube Television Concert yesterday from 1965 that was set at Wembley I believe and it was called NME Pollwinners Concert. I would love to post it but I don't know how to. There were many bands including the original Moody Blues, The Seekers, Freddie and the Dreamers, The Animals, The Rolling Stones, and The Kinks. The Beatles however were by far the class of the stage.

ooh hmmm I was 5yrs old then :oyea: I remember my father watching it...

ok @record27, @Sharp Dressed Man, @KingHaedache, @Vader and @Sweaty
just in case yous where on an other planet are any of yous going to be:

The Beatles Vinyl Collection: (180g vinyl)

Issue 1 £9.99 ( Abbey Road)
its not just the vinyl there`s a magazine to. there`s 23 vinyl`s in all. the prices after issue one are single albums £16.99 or £24.99 for triple/double albums. these include the three anthology albums and the two live at the bbc albums. details of how to ordered will be below. I`m in a :woot::woot: for the second album to be delivered to my home...SGT. Pepper`s

Phone:
U.K 0844 338 6516
Australia (03) 9872 4000
New Zealand (09) 928 4493
South Africa (011) 265 4304

The Beatles Vinyl Collection

Vader no phone number for the U.S.A sorry dude...
also if you can DD you`ll be getting 7 free gifts also....result

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Ive been ordering my Beatle reissue albums from Amazon US ..I don't have pounds...just dollars. :D

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
ooh hmmm I was 5yrs old then :oyea: I remember my father watching it...

ok @record27, @Sharp Dressed Man, @KingHaedache, @Vader and @Sweaty
just in case yous where on an other planet are any of yous going to be:

The Beatles Vinyl Collection: (180g vinyl)

Issue 1 £9.99 ( Abbey Road)
its not just the vinyl there`s a magazine to. there`s 23 vinyl`s in all. the prices after issue one are single albums £16.99 or £24.99 for triple/double albums. these include the three anthology albums and the two live at the bbc albums. details of how to ordered will be below. I`m in a :woot::woot: for the second album to be delivered to my home...SGT. Pepper`s

Phone:
U.K 0844 338 6516
Australia (03) 9872 4000
New Zealand (09) 928 4493
South Africa (011) 265 4304

The Beatles Vinyl Collection

Vader no phone number for the U.S.A sorry dude...
also if you can DD you`ll be getting 7 free gifts also....result

I saw this somewhere else and I'm wondering who the target buyer is. I mean, most Beatles fans own these albums on CD and vinyl and there's already great stereo and mono boxsets out, which I think might be cheaper in the long run. I guess it's a cool deal for younger fans or people who wants to complete their collection. The magazine and the 7 subscription gifts are a nice bonus on top.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Thanks @joker1961. I already have all the original albums, original cd's and the remastered cd's, but vinyl is king so I will check if this is available out here :)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Two big reasons for gearing preference towards the vnyl pressings of Beatles music.1)-All music from the period was done analog,so for me it only stands to reason that,they should sound more "natural" when payed back in correspondent technical form (I.e.our old friend,the phonograohic turntable.When they transfer older music,they break everything down sound bit by sound bit to appear to have been recorded that way.This is what detracts from the natural aspects od things.2-)It's not just about the music.Playing records is just plain more fun than pushing buttons on a Cd player..Any vinyl devotee such as myself
knows EXACTLY what I mean'........

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.