The 26 Greatest Music Videos of All Time...

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
This one definitely deserves a mention:

Oasis music videos are usually kinda so-so, but this really stands out in my opinion.

Here's another really good Oasis video:

They were alright but I think both lacked that special je ne sais quoi.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Oh but what about your mantra toward lists that lack reasons for why the choices being chosen? :heheh:

It falls beneath the code of anything that includes The Smashing Pumpkins defies all reason! :tongue: Also, he didn't make it an official list or thread but rather suggestions for great vids so I can let it slide! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Two that jump out at me off that list, Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer and Johnny Cash's Hurt. Otherwise I am not a video fan, I have always enjoyed my own personal interpretations of music, rather than a music artist trying to convey their thoughts into my consciousness using television. I know I am a dinosaur and I am proud to admit it.:grinthumb

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Two that jump out at me off that list, Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer and Johnny Cash's Hurt. Otherwise I am not a video fan, I have always enjoyed my own personal interpretations of music, rather than a music artist trying to convey their thoughts into my consciousness using television. I know I am a dinosaur and I am proud to admit it.:grinthumb

that is why I loved the first video in the ones I would put up.

The Replacements just made a video of their music playing from a speaker. IMO that is the greatest video of all time.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

That's the reason I hate the movie for "The Wall" (also "Tommy", "Purple Rain", and others to a much lesser extent) but usually I see music videos as a new art form and not usually an interpretation of the music. "Sledgehammer" for example doesn't really have anything to do with what the song is about but is still spectacular. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.