Ten Years After (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^Fingers crossed the clean up will reduce the noise irritation, that's a shame though cos it's a stunner and a vinyl copy is a big deal IMO. I've only got it on CD LG but who knows later this year at the fairs if I'm lucky. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I will see what a professional cleaning rig can do Sox...but I can see physical damage on the surface...no amount of cleaning will sort that out.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Another great tune from Cricklewood' .. a cool jazzed out blues number. For me they were just so good at nocking these out.

Me and My Baby

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My all time favorite Ten Years After song (A Space in Time album) and some great footage of Alvin Lee:

I'd Love to Save the World

Khor1255

Reaction score
That whole album kicks ass. It took a little for me to get into some of the tracks but it is pure gold.

Love that tune as well. One example of the radio getting it right as to which tune from an album they play the most. It is the most accessable.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am glad these old albums have radio friendly songs, songs which still get airtime. If I ask my kid do you like Ten Years After with Alvin Lee on guitar, the kids look at me like I'm nuts.....

but say the name of this song or I'm Going Home, and they immediately know it.......

Plus the fact Guitar Hero has included "I'd Love to Change the World" as a track on the game......

Alvin Lee smokes on the guitar. His performance back in 1988 at "Night of the Guitars"

No Limit

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ I enjoyed that one Magic and yeah "Time And A Space" could well be my favourite album too. Before that one though they released "Watt" in 1970.

30mlijp.jpg

1."I'm Coming On" - 3:48
2."My Baby Left Me" - 5:23
3."Think About the Times" - 4:43
4."I Say Yeah" - 5:17
5."The Band With No Name" - 1:37
6."Gonna Run" - 6:02
7."She Lies in the Morning" - 7:24
8."Sweet Little Sixteen" (live) (Chuck Berry) - 4:09

Last edited by a moderator:

Monterey

Reaction score
never heard of them...thank you for introducing this band to me though.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^Agreed.:grinthumb

The "Watt" album slotted inbetween the brilliant performance at Woodstock and the hit "I'd Love To Change The World" off of "Time And A Space". Maybe the album was overlooked a little but for me there's plenty going on with hard driving blues rock tunes and Alvin flashing up some great guitar moments.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online