Ten Years After (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Nearly wore out my "Space in Time" cassette and currently really into 1967 debut album.Any suggestions about the best place to go from here?"Sssh"?"Cricklewood Green"?

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Nearly wore out my "Space in Time" cassette and currently really into 1967 debut album.Any suggestions about the best place to go from here?"Sssh"?"Cricklewood Green"?

Cricklewood Green is my favourite but Sssh! is also pretty good. Stondhenge and Undead are also really good :)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Yeah they've got a whole bunch of great albums!

Doesn't have the best individual tracks per se' but Stonedhenge is the king of the heap for me. As far as psychedelic freakout albums go (so, like, Satanic Majesties, Sgt Pepper) Stonedhenge is my favorite. TYA's heavy jazz influence gave the record a darker, smoother, cooler feel as opposed to the more rock and orchestral style that a lot of bands did for their psychedelic material.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Love TYA ... I really like their s/t album but I really love the songs Spoonful & Help me (If I see either tune on an album I tend to buy them...). I probably said this on this thread earlier but when I first saw the Woodstock movie in the late 70's Alvin Lee & TYA were the heroes of Woodstock to me. I was more blown away by their performance then Hendrix or the Who.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
ooh s*** have you ever tried buy Ten Years After on Vinyl there ever way over priced or there rawer than rocking horse poop!!!!

Reaction score
I'm guessing that the Woodstock movie was where I first heard them in 1970.Immediately bought there most current albums and played the hell out of Shhhh, Cricklewood Green and Watt. Those are what I consider their prime albums. The earlier material I thought was from a band still improving. A Space In Time was decent.The 1973 Recorded Live was my favorite concert disc of theirs

Also really liked On The Road To Freedom, the Alvin Lee/Mylon Lefevre collaboration

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

I'm guessing that the Woodstock movie was where I first heard them in 1970.Immediately bought there most current albums and played the hell out of Shhhh, Cricklewood Green and Watt. Those are what I consider their prime albums. The earlier material I thought was from a band still improving. A Space In Time was decent.The 1973 Recorded Live was my favorite concert disc of theirs

Also really liked On The Road To Freedom, the Alvin Lee/Mylon Lefevre collaboration

cool photo of Alvin`s Guitar . . . Woodstock Movie is awesome :bow::bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online