Tearful Tunes

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
One of the most fascinating things about music is the ease in which it can provoke an emotional response. What song(s) have driven you toward the edge of tears. Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be a sad song. It can be a song that you consider powerful, moving and or beautiful that invokes a gut response.

This is especially addressed to ye gentlemen of this forum because I know there has to be at least one song which turns on the eye misters for you.

This is what I'm starting off with...

This song always makes me tear up every time I listen to it. It's so sad yet so beautiful.

Like other threads here, please keep it maximum two songs per post. Okay, lets break out the kleenex.

kleenex2.jpg

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Simon & Garfunkel - "April, Come She Will"

Very strong and tender memories attached to this song. I rarely get through it without crying.....a lot.

And ...

Carpenters - "Trying to Get the Feeling Again"

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Bread - Everything I Own

My Dad passed away a few years back...

this song brings me to tears every time...

I miss him so much...

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Ah Faithfully! Such a beautiful tune! It makes me choke up a bit listening to it too.

I swear I think Simon and Garfunkel are the kings of emotion. The end of this song gets me every time.

And I can't mention tearjerkers without mentioning this and I think a lot will agree with me on this...

Such a powerful piece from the almighty Queen. I can't help but turn into a blubbering mess every time I hear it. The fact that this was one of the last songs that Freddie recorded before he passed makes it even more emotional. :uh:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
This song has always filled me with immense sadness.

For me, it's this one:

David Bowie - "Be My Wife"

It just so happens that it has an unfortunate memory attached to it, thanks to someone I'm afraid I'll never get out of my head, and my feelings for them will follow me to the grave. Really, I can't even get 20 seconds into this without just ... feeling so incredibly sad, empty, and at a huge loss that will never be replaced.

Bread - Everything I Own

My Dad passed away a few years back...

this song brings me to tears every time...

I miss him so much...

That one gets me every time, too.

The tears started for me as soon as this started playing, when I looked it up:

Bread - "Diary"

David Gates knew how to write songs that were designed to break hearts. This much I know.

And..

Harry Nilsson - "Without You"

And this one ... just fills me with the sadness I felt three years ago when my life came crashing down... the saddest ... most devastating time of my entire existence, probably...

And I couldn't do anything about it.

I can't even listen to this ...

Carpenters - "You're The One"

Yesssss. Now I'm just going to sit here and cry for a few hours.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Quite a few can bring me to tears, almost instantly:

EDIT:

Just read the "keep it to 2 per post" thing. My baaaaad.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.