Tantric

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Tantric
tantric_I090909163508.jpg

This group came out of the band members of Days of the New and the singer Hugo Ferreira. While Hugo had that Scott Stapp deep throated voice, which I like, they combined that with the same acoustic hard rock that Days of the new had and it worked. In 2001, they had a decent amount of success with their self titled debut!

Tantric
tantric%2B2001.jpg

Breakdown

Live Your Life (Down)

Mourning
(love this song)

After this c.d. the band would fail to capture the same success and would splinter leaving only lead sing Hugo to carry on the name. Nonetheless I love the Tantric album. If anyone here has anything worth hearing from the followups feel free to post them hear! Anyone like this band?

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Oh Crap!! I thought we were going to talk about Kama Sutra!! :tongue:
Tantra ....The Art of **********.. :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I know Nothing about the band, but I had the same initial reaction as Thumper...:eek:...:heheh:

Last edited:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Vision's of the movie American Pie come to mind where Finch is practicing Tantra to enhance his experience with Stiflers Mom..:lmao:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to giggle here, because I missed this thread completely and Sooty left me a message to check out his Tantric thread.........

well, being a person of a dirty mind......I thought, surely he isn't talking dirty to me?!! :eek:

I do like this album, Sooty. I like Days of the New, too. :)

I have this album in HQ!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
r2jby9.jpg

The second release in 2004. Still sticking to their "grunge" sound with a metal twist, but this album is a bit heavier than the debut.

A grungy cover of Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain", which seems strange not having a female sing the vocals, which to me spoiled the song.

I do like this song, the guitars are good and the harmonies are good:

This song has an epic intro:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Sounds good...I missed out on these guys. They have a little bit of a CREED feel...yes?? :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online