Symphony X New Album and Tour Info

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Source: Metal.com - Symphony X New Album And Tour Info

Sun, Jan 30 2011

Progressive Metal legends Symphony X are preparing for the release of their new album to be titled 'Iconoclast'. The release will be the band's 8th studio album and debut on the label Nuclear Blast Records. Symphony X are currently in post-production for the album and are about to begin mastering. No release date has been released but it is expected to be released in the first quarter of 2011.

Vocalist Russell Allen commented on the album:
"Basically, the album is pretty intense - probably the most intense record we've ever done; it's chock-full of riffs - tons of great riffs. It's heavy, the music, but the singing is very melodic in terms of its... the choruses are real strong, the verses are real strong, but I'm singing aggressively - a lot of that going on - 'cause the topic is, again, very dark; you know, that's what we do."

Symphony X are often grouped into the same category as progressive bands such as Dream Theater or Fates Warning. They incorporate elements of Symphonic Metal as well as traditional Heavy Metal/Thrashy riffs. Founding guitarist and longtime member Micheal Romeo is often seen as a Prog Metal pioneer, especially because of his work on the albums 'V: The New Mythology Suite' and 'The Divine Wings Of Tragedy', which launched the band's name into mainstream recognition in the late 90's. 'Paradise Lost', the band's previous album sold 60,000 copies in the US alone.

Symphony X are currently preparing to go on tour. They will be hitting Europe first on their 'European Power Of Metal 2011' tour from late February through March, co-headlining with Nevermore with support by Psychotic Waltz, and Thaurorod. Next the band will tour North America from April through May, also co-headlining with Nevermore, but with support by Soilwork, Powerglove and Blackguard.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Great news, I really like Symphony X, I will definitely get their new album, thanks for the heads up P&C.:cheers:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
No prob LG. I'm definitely looking forward to this as well.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope this album is as good as Odyssey and Paradise Lost.......both of those albums are spectacular!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Update:
Iconoclast is the eighth album by American progressive metal band Symphony X. It will be released on June 17, 2011.[1] The band has played four songs from the album live, and these are: The End of Innocence, Dehumanized, Heretic and Prometheus (I am Alive).

Track list:

Regular Edition
"Iconoclast"
"The End of Innocence"
"Dehumanized"
"Bastards of the Machine"
"Heretic"
"Children of a Faceless God"
"Electric Messiah"
"Prometheus (I am Alive)
"When All Is Lost"

Special Edition
CD1:
"Iconoclast"
"The End of Innocence"
"Dehumanized"
"Bastards of the Machine"
"Heretic"
"Children of a Faceless God"
"When All Is Lost"

CD2:
"Electric Messiah"
"Prometheus (I Am Alive)"
"Light Up the Night"
"The Lords of Chaos"
"Reign In Madness"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I will of course hold out for the Special Edition...preferably the Japanese release.:D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I'll definitely be gettin the special edition as well. Cannot wait, only a few more months :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online