Supertramp (Official Thread)

Donkey

Reaction score
Re: Supertramp

^^ Nice write ups Donkey...but I have to disagree. I thought EITQM was a great record and to this day a soothing piece of work from top to bottom. Great title track as well...one of my favorite Tramp tunes.

But I will say that it is no CWC, COTC or BIA.

:grinthumb

I like EITQM (song) but it's so so different to the others on the album...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Personally I play Even in the Quietest Moments the most of all their albums, but I can find something to enjoy on all of them up to Breakfast...after that I don't have any of their CD's.

I am not as harsh a critic as Donkey, and I like keyboard driven bands but at least he did give some details behind his rating/summaries of their music.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

LG, you should check out Famous Last Words from them. It was the studio album directly after Breakfast, and while not as good as their earlier albums it isn't horrible. Far better than the next one, Brother Where You Bound.

The second video has two songs together on it so it's a long listen.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

LG, you should check out Famous Last Words from them. It was the studio album directly after Breakfast, and while not as good as their earlier albums it isn't horrible. Far better than the next one, Brother Where You Bound.

I'll keep my eyes open for a copy RE, seeing you rate it as a good record.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

^^ Uh-oh. The pressure's on me now.:D

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Syd

Reaction score

Wow! I just heard Breakfast In America for the first time. It's the first I've heard of this band and I liked it a lot. It's just so pure, beautiful music. The Logical Song seemed familiar. And the song Breakfast In America, I already kinda knew it because it's in this other song i'll post (don't know if you guys already have, but it was the only Supertramp reference I had before listening to the album and it's what made me download it).

Going on to download Crime Of the Century :D

You may probably hate me for this, but this is how I knew of Supertramp's existence:

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That is a unique way to first discover an old band Syd.:D

It is one of the greatest gifts that music can offer, that great artists are there waiting for you to discover their music, from modern rock bands to the great composers.

I think you will like COTC, most people rate that as Supertramp's finest recording.

Terra812

Reaction score

Wow! I just heard Breakfast In America for the first time. It's the first I've heard of this band and I liked it a lot. It's just so pure, beautiful music.

Syd you have just discovered one of my favorite bands of the 70's ... for that matter of all time. Of the 6 cd's I have in my truck a Supertramp mix is one of them. After 35+ years of listening to them I have never grown tired of their music. Do yourself a favor and check out not only Crime of the Century but Crisis, what Crisis? and Even in the Quietest Moments... You won't be dissapointed.

A Soapbox Opera
A Normal Day
Fool's Overture
From Now On

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

I'm glad I found this thread, as I love the handful of Supertramp songs I know (namely, those that have had lots of radio play over the years) and have always been curious to get to know them better. I was going to get their 'best of' album, but now, thanks to this thread, I have some other recommendations which I will be investigating ASAP :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online