Sup

RiffMeister

Reaction score
I recently got the means to take my guitar playing up a notch and even form a band. We are an Acid/Southern Rock Bang straight out of the deep south.

Recently I "inherited" a les paul guitar and a pretty good amp, unfortunately this may be our only proper rock instrument. But I'm pretty sure we can bring our own style of rock despite our setbacks. Mind you, we don't expect to be the next Doors or Jimi Hendrix Experience, but we'll see what happens. Now our main setbacks are our lack of proper instruments. Our drummer can sure destroy on a drum set but he currently plays on a 5-drum set for kids that actually looks pretty funny as the thing is half his size. We also have a lot of oil drums, so after we sell the oil we are thinking of converting the oil drums to a set of Oil Drum Drums. Our banjo player, however, has a great banjo and can pull of some great riffs and solos, so we are covered there. Unfortunately our bass player is dead and his bastard brother has taken his bass and now plays in a punk band. Our singer also has a thick southern accent, but we actually are very happy with his singing and think it brings a distinct southernness to our sound along with the banjo. Our influences include Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Jimi Hendrix Experience, most notably. We do consume a lot of acid and believe it helps to bring a certain level of psychadelicness to the guitar and banjo playing. Also our harmonica player adds a good level of jazzines to the sound.

So far we have compensated for the kids drumset by stabilizing it while our drummer beats it as hard as he can to produce a more punchy sound akin to actual drums. I've recently been playing my guitar tuned two steps down with slackened strings to produce a more bass heavy (to account for our departed bass player, God rest his soul) and playing the more regular, guitary riffs on the 5th and 6th strings while incorporating the low and heavy bass sound of string 1-4. Honestly my guitar playing sounds like a cross between Jimi Hendrix and Toni Iommi. We are trying to conserve cash to get some recording equipment so we can bring the music of the deep south to the world.

TMG

Titus Maximus Headphonius
Reaction score
Sup back!!

Either a) that's one of the funniest, cleverest intros I have ever read on here....or b) it's probably not a great idea to write an intro while in the middle of one of your actual acid-trips.

:****:

Either way, as soon as your cover-version of 'Purple Haze' - played with banjo and harmonica - hit's You Tube, be sure to post a link.

:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online