Subdivisions vs. Separate Ways

Subdivisions vs. Separate Ways

• Total voters

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I love both, so hard to choose, but I went with Rush.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think I'm going to side with the darker side of Journey on this one (also the one with the horrible music video :D).

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I relate to the lyrics of Subdivisions and It came out when I was a senior in high school. "Drawn like moths we drift into the city. The timeless old attraction, cruising for the action. Lit up like a fire fly just to feel the living night." I did that so many nights. Riding by the beach to see my buds and what hotties were hangin out. I can smell the salty air now. "Somewhere out of a memory."

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I relate to the lyrics of Subdivisions and It came out when I was a senior in high school. "Drawn like moths we drift into the city. The timeless old attraction, cruising for the action. Lit up like a fire fly just to feel the living night." I did that so many nights. Riding by the beach to see my buds and what hotties were hangin out. I can smell the salty air now. "Somewhere out of a memory."

Definitely great lyrics on that Subdivisions... It was a tough choice. The Journey song hold special meaning for me though. And Steve Perry has a killer voice. It's great how songs can transport us.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Definitely great lyrics on that Subdivisions... It was a tough choice. The Journey song hold special meaning for me though. And Steve Perry has a killer voice. It's great how songs can transport us.

I'm a huge Journey fan too. Seperate Ways has negative connotations for me and represents pretty much what the song conveys. For me, it signifies the end of my first love. I got over it. Love the guitar solo. One of the worst videos ever. The Frontiers album is where Journey started to sway towards Steve Perry and his style. The album would of been a monster like Escape was if they would of included Ask The Lonely and Only The Young. Instead they included Back Talk and Troubled Child, two songs that are inferior to the afforementioned.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Staff online

Members online