Styx (Official Thread)

runtfan

Reaction score
Re: Styx

Just thought I'd thank Runtfan, it took me a while but I finally have added "Styx II", "The Serpent is Rising" and "Man of Miracles" to my library, the CD's not MP3's, without his excellent commentary about those three albums I wouldn't have picked them up.

:bounce:

After you've ingested those albums let me know how my earlier commentary holds up in your opinion. :cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Will do and good luck with your cover songs, I wish I could be there when you play them.:grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

"PIECES OF EIGHT" by STYX is a great, exciting classic of an album

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I agree Lou/Realm I also feel that it was the last Great album they recorded.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Time for another classic track !...I remember hearing this on the radio..and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was STYX !!:)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Time for another classic track !...I remember hearing this on the radio..and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was STYX !!:)

:bow:

Everytime I spin this and that first track hits, it takes me back to me and my old friend Danny that I've known since I was 5. We've rocked out for many years.

We'd sing STYX songs for hours and emulate JY's insane vibrato! :heheh:

swampking

Reaction score

At all costs, pick up STYX and the Contemporary Youth Orchestra! All the classics performed to perfection with added bonuses. I'm a STYX fan for over 36 years!....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Is that a DVD release Swampking? What year was it recorded?

swampking

Reaction score

Is that a DVD release Swampking? What year was it recorded?

Yes! It's a fairly recent release and available on both DVD and CD. However, the DVD is far better as you can witness the commentary and extras. It's available, though I purchased it new, used on most trading sites ie: ebay. Although i always encourage fans both old and new to buy new and from the artist. If you choose to go that method try .._--[ Welcome To StyxWorld.com ]--_... You can get on their mailing list as well. Lots of good info. myspace.styxtheband.com as well.:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online