Stray Cats (Official Thread)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: The Stray Cats

Just got fully into these guys today actually, and I love the hell out of them almost immediately! 'Stray Cat Strut' is SUCH a catchy song, I can't escape it!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I don't have any Stray Cat albums in the collection...:hm:

Perhaps our resident fans can recommend their absolute finest album no compilations though please.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

I don't have any Stray Cat albums in the collection...:hm:

Perhaps our resident fans can recommend their absolute finest album no compilations though please.

The debut album is great, but for the beginner, I would suggest Built For Speed!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks for the rec's Phil.:D

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I have their first 3 albums on vinyl and their remastered greatest hits. Great band, Brian Setzer is a genius.

Recky

Reaction score
I got a couple of Stray cats vinyls, a greatest hits c.d and the Rumble in Brixton Live DVD...fave songs would be ...Gene & Eddie, Stray cat strut, rock this town, hot rod gang and somethings wrong with my radio....+ about 1,000 others...and I got a fair bit of Setzer and his Orchestra, dude's a goddamn genius

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Can't believe I have not posted in this thread, I love this band, would love to get their entire output on remastered CD, I have a best of at moment. I remember them being massive in the 80's, I had a couple of tickets to see them about 5 years ago and they cancelled as the drummer broke his arm at a london gig, pissed me off but hey.

Starchild

Little Dreamer
Reaction score
I finally left the NIN forum when I noticed that the Stray Cats thread had no replies. That place is deader than disco. I've outgrown NIN anyway.
I used to love Rock this Town and Stray Cat Strut. I used to have a crush on Brian Setzer.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online