Stratovarius (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: Stratovarius

Definitely picking this one up ...sounds like a HUGE improvement over Elements and the S/T to me . Much more proggy elements again ,melodic but without losing the bite .Really good song.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have only listened to it once in the background, so I can't really say anything derivative at this time MP.

I will play it again later today and then get a better feel for it.

One thing will never change for me though, after all these years of picking up albums/cassettes/CD's/DVD's, I am still like a little kid when I get a new album, like opening a Christmas present almost.:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Some of the songs on the new album could be interpreted as 'experimental' with some different sounds....but overall the album is really a treat :tup:

Move The Mountain

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

OK now I'm getting anxious...can't wait...I agree LG...always love getting that NEW CD!! It's a GREAT feeling like no other!! :cheers2

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Some of the songs on the new album could be interpreted as 'experimental' with some different sounds....but overall the album is really a treat :tup:

Move The Mountain

From my own perspective it is proggier . I like it , though it's not the same as the early stuff that like so much, it sounds more progressive rock. I like it better then the direction they had been in for a few albums for sure.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I think it's a solid Stratovarius album, if I were to use Joe's rating scale right now it's "Very Good" with a chance to move up depending if it grows on me over the next while.

Mouth4War

Reaction score

One of the few bands that have enough feel and vibe in their music that make you take a look at life when it ****** on you and smile...Beautiful is the word that comes to mind as far as Stratovarius's music is concerned...Stratovarius, along with Iron Maiden and Pantera have been a great companion seeing me through tough times and good times...Listening to stratovarius is much more than just a musical experience personally...it's more of a spiritual one...Fav songs include:

Forever free
Forever
Hunting high and low
Mother Gaia
Seasons of change
Coming Home
Visions
4000 Rainy nights
Against the wind
Babylon
Will my soul ever rest in peace

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Very nicely said Mouth4War, I have always liked Stratovarius, they are legends in their homeland and have inspired many other Finnish bands to follow in their footsteps.

Finland-Map-Flag.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturoThre

Staff online

Members online