Stratovarius (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Stratovarius

Not surprisingly, I like Stratovarius and have a couple of albums

Yeah I remember you did!!! Visions was one right?

I love this song from Elements Part II!

Very Beautiful!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I have had one of those days where I needed to just hear some really fantastic power metal, and decided to dig out a couple albums.

the Debut from 1989:

Fright_Night_%28album%29_cover.jpg

This song has a beautiful intro then it just Kicks ass!

I had forgotten how great this album is. Visions is still my favorite, but "Fright Night" really is a good album, too. Tolkki's guitar work is outstanding on this album.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Infinite from 2000 is a pretty good album. Jörg Michael is a very powerful drummer, I enjoy listening to him.

Strato_Infinite2.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:pirate: :yay:

New album for 2011!!!

US release in a couple weeks....01-18-11

61OBnwI6NFL._SS500_.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I have had one of those days where I needed to just hear some really fantastic power metal, and decided to dig out a couple albums.

the Debut from 1989:

Fright_Night_%28album%29_cover.jpg

This song has a beautiful intro then it just Kicks ass!

I had forgotten how great this album is. Visions is still my favorite, but "Fright Night" really is a good album, too. Tolkki's guitar work is outstanding on this album.

I was introduced to this band by MetalPriest in our MT! Metal always has a way of breaking people into metal by playing stuff you might not expect to hear from certain bands. Anyway, this was the song:

Liberty

I like that particular track the more I hear it! It's such an anthem but what stands out is the melody of it! I listened to the debut and I didn't expect exactly the same experience due to the lineup changes and it dating back to the early 80's but I was hoping for enough similarities. I found some good melodies but a lot of it had more machine gun chugging guitars and guitar masturbation than I can admit to loving. :heheh: It's not a volume thing on the chugging guitars. I just don't see the aesthetic most of the time! :) I first heard the melody I was looking for in "False messiah" but it was spotty. In fact the chugging thing just made that and the following track "Black Night" sound like they were attempting the exact same thing. My favorite part of the album was the middle section. The last half of "Fire Dance" had a really cool melody and the last section with the booming big drums was really cool! The highlight of the album was the title track for me! :grinthumb

Fright Night

That track has the creepiest music ever!!!! As a horror fan I love it!!! I felt like I was in a Freddy Kreuger nightmare!!! :D It would've been better as an instrumental I think as the vocal took me out of the ambiance I think! Regardless the 8 minutes didn't bore me at all!!! :cheers2 The last part at the 5 minute mark is great and the vocal is cool there! He is a good vocalist! It's the music with the symphonic elements and the drums which stand out though!

That track was the highlight and their were elements here and there but IMO opinion what I heard was kind of standard fare for me! I didn't have to many exciting moments but with such a huge catalog I bet their would be an album I can really sink my teeth into!
:cheers2

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Im surprised that i've never heard of these guys before. I'm really really digging it. Will for sure check these guys out some more.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool PC!! Timo Tolkki who was their main writer has left the band to do solo work...and do his other new band projects. So the last two albums have a different guitar player.

Timo used to do all of the writing for a long time there.

Here's a GREAT older track!!

timo_tolkki_01.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimManess3

Staff online

Members online