Stratovarius (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Stratovarius

Listening to it right now, I really really like the vocalist. He's got such a great harmonic voice.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:grinthumb

I would check out Timo's work or anything with his name on it.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Definitely going to do that, thanks for the recs. I have a feeling i'm going to love this band a lot! Along with Timo's work.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I changed the Timo Song and saw you replied...sorry....I'll post the other one again soon...the song I posted just now (above) comes from his rock opera SAANA: WARRIOR OF LIGHT

Timo Tolkki ~ Journey to Crystal Island

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Haha, it's all good. Lots of videos for me to watch. I will be sure to bookmark all of them. I've got some music playing currently. I will for sure come back to them though :tup:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I have seen Stratovarius live twice and they have some great albums like Visions, Destiny and Infinite but TBH I lost interest in them after that as they began watering down their sound to a less progressive more mainstream sound that I am not interested in.

I didn't give their 2009 release a listen due to disillusion but may give an ear to samples of this years release if I happen to stumble upon some.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

DKW, I have the new album, and I have not given it more than one spin yet. I will say this album is very melodic.

The title track Elysium is the best track, IMHO.

Stratovarius ~ Elysium

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

All of their albums other then maybe the first are very melodic .Some are just are just lacking the spark of the earlier material .

I like that song ....sounds much better then their stuff that I would call mainstream poppy power metal .

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pirvu Alex

Staff online

Members online