STORMWARRIOR Heavy/Speed/Power

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
StormWarrior.jpg

Formed 1998, Hamburg, Germany

Members: Thunder Axe [Lars Ramcke] (vocals, guitar), Firebolt [Alex Guth] (guitar), Jens "Yenz" Leonhardt (bass), Doomrider [Falko Reshöft] (drums), Scythewielder [Scott Bölter] (guitar, 1998-2002), Evil Steel [André Schumann] (drums, 1998-2002), Hell Saviour [Tim Zienert] (bass, 1998-2001), Hammerlord [Gabriel Palermo] (bass, 2001-02), Lightning Blade [David Wiczorek] (guitar, 2003-06), Black Sworde [Jussi Zimmermann] (bass, 2002-07)

Stormwarrior play a very fast , melodic style, of 80's inspired Speed Metal which they combine with European Power Metal and perhaps just a bit of American / British Heavy Metal thrown in the mix as well.
Lyrically they pay homage to Viking mythology and good olde fashion Sci-Fi/ Fantasy lore of dragons, swords and ancient Godz, which the genre is so well known for . Interesting and entertaining band of top class musicians who are not afraid to have a bit of fun.
I own all but the live disks having just bought their latest platter of Heathen battlelore entitled what else..Heathen Warrior .It is a bit more varied in style and tempo then their earlier works but is another solid outing that I am currently giving a lot of spins and enjoying quite a bit.

Stormwarrior+-+Northern+Rage.jpg

STORMWARRIOR

Discography:

2002 Stormwarrior
2004 Northern Rage
2006 At Foreign Shores: Live in Japan
2008 Heading Northe
2009 If It's Not in Your Bloode... You Will Never Understande! Live at W:O:A 2007
2011 Heathen Warrior

Plus a horde of EPs ( two of which I own )

//

//

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Have the first four albums, but not the last two...I'll have to check out Heathen Warrior.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Is the Live In Japan recording pretty good or not ? I have thought about getting that one and actually might do it if it sounds decent

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I listened to it...I'll play it tonight and let you know what I think of it, fair enough?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's no bother Wolf, it's just a matter of time, you know how it is when you look at your collection, it can get overwhelming at times especially if you keep adding to the hoard.:D

Been ages since I listened to Stormwarrior so I don't mind at all.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Played it this morning Wolf, and enjoyed it. Solid production, good set list although the last track is the weakest compared to the rest of the CD. I'd give it a 6.6/10 on Joe's old scale.

7417-stormwarrior-foreign-shores-live-japan.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
That's cool , I was really just wondering on how good the sound recording is .
Sometimes the more obscure concert CDs are not that well recorded as far as sound quality goes.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sounds decent, but it's no Live in Athens...:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online