Stones Show Stunk

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
well, I thought they were great.
It's not uncommon for the Stones to take a few songs to get a head of steam up and I actually like it. Woodie seemed to be handling the Lion's Share of the riffage and, no doubt about it, he played a big handful of bad. Now, here's what a like about the Stones. Instead of instantly recovering, he played another big handful of bad. A "yeah, I meant to do that" moment. I don't mind when my rock and roll gets a little messy, especially well worn chestnuts. So, Mick looked silly, Keith was out of it, Woodie played some bad chords and, as far as I'm concerned, they rocked the crowd as well as a Halftime crowd wants to rock. Long Live the Rolling Stones!

jakecake

Banned
Reaction score
BILLKILL said:
The Stones sure stunk up the place with that awful halftime show. I mean did the even tune the guitars. The sound mix was awful, but when they fixed it the Stones sounded worse. That was some sad a@s playing. I mean they had over 40 years to work on "Satisfaction" you would think they might have that one down. "Start Me Up" is so over ratted as a song it is not funny, but it sounds okay on CD, but they played it so awful I could not believe it. Are they back on the pipe of what? The song the played in between must have been the new one and I didn't like it but it was not play as awful as the other 2. I give them a F. It was just sad and what makes it worse they didn't even seem to care. Keith played like 3 chords, Ron's slide solo sounded liked he dropped his guitar. Jagger just ran about and couldn't find the right pitch. I think they just felt like "heck we already have the check cashed so who cares if we stink, we got paid." It was just awful.

Steelers get an A
Stones get a F

Well they are wicked OLD dude. I never saw them live but some of the old songs are pretty cool.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
well, I thought they were great.
It's not uncommon for the Stones to take a few songs to get a head of steam up and I actually like it. Woodie seemed to be handling the Lion's Share of the riffage and, no doubt about it, he played a big handful of bad. Now, here's what a like about the Stones. Instead of instantly recovering, he played another big handful of bad. A "yeah, I meant to do that" moment. I don't mind when my rock and roll gets a little messy, especially well worn chestnuts. So, Mick looked silly, Keith was out of it, Woodie played some bad chords and, as far as I'm concerned, they rocked the crowd as well as a Halftime crowd wants to rock. Long Live the Rolling Stones![/QUOTe
I have to go with Martha's passage here, any band does take time to warm up and these guys sometimes are a bit off, it's what makes them the old punks that they are. :irish:

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Joey Self said:
I think that "small stage" you refer to is a variation of what they did in this show. The stage wasn't much bigger than a boxing ring as it extended out 75 to 100 feet into the center of the floor. I thought the smaller setting actually worked well for them.

JcS
Yeah, the small stage harkens back to their club days of the earlier 60's and it does work for them because then they are the stripped- down Rolling Stones without all the sax's, back-up singers and other extra personnell that are with them on other songs.
For a few rock and roll songs like "Star ******", Carol", "Only Rock and Roll"
"Time is On My Side" and other stuff like that, the small stage really works for the boys. :irish:

J

johnjohn

IIRC this was more reason why the Stones should have hung it up a long, long time ago. Just imo.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online