Stones Show Stunk

BILLKILL

Banned
Reaction score
The Stones sure stunk up the place with that awful halftime show. I mean did the even tune the guitars. The sound mix was awful, but when they fixed it the Stones sounded worse. That was some sad a@s playing. I mean they had over 40 years to work on "Satisfaction" you would think they might have that one down. "Start Me Up" is so over ratted as a song it is not funny, but it sounds okay on CD, but they played it so awful I could not believe it. Are they back on the pipe of what? The song the played in between must have been the new one and I didn't like it but it was not play as awful as the other 2. I give them a F. It was just sad and what makes it worse they didn't even seem to care. Keith played like 3 chords, Ron's slide solo sounded liked he dropped his guitar. Jagger just ran about and couldn't find the right pitch. I think they just felt like "heck we already have the check cashed so who cares if we stink, we got paid." It was just awful.

Steelers get an A
Stones get a F

Last edited:

BILLKILL

Banned
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that thought the stones stunk? Maybe everyone here was in the can at the time. If you were consider yourself lucky.

algernon

Reaction score
I've never in my life heard the Stones give a decent live performance. Great records, but bad live band IMHO.

newdawnfades

Reaction score
I saw some of the performance. These guys are past their prime, and I wasn't really expecting much. I tell you what though, i'd rather see the Stones give a subpar performance than to have Destiny's Child or Ashlee Simpson up there.

algernon

Reaction score
newdawnfades said:
I saw some of the performance. These guys are past their prime, and I wasn't really expecting much. I tell you what though, i'd rather see the Stones give a subpar performance than to have Destiny's Child or Ashlee Simpson up there.
Agreed. They are legendary...and so are their bad live performances!

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I never thought Mick Jagger had a good voice. It's not like he can nail notes or anything. He just sings (or shouts) with alot of attitude and sometimes that's good enough for rock and roll. I agree that they aren't a good sounding live band. I think it was Mick Taylor who said when he first got into the band and rehersed he couldn't believe how bad they were. Goes to show you what a good studio and producer can do for you.
I'm not a huge fan and I never saw them live.

algernon

Reaction score
A big part of their shoddy live problem is Mick Jagger's total lack of rhythm...just look at that rooster-hopping he does. He invariably gets ahead of the music, pushing the tempo up to 78 RPMs.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
All the Stones have ever had going for them as a live band was Charlie Watts' drumming...but even his precision and skill isn't enough to keep the Glimmer Twins on the beat. They're a band that has made it totally on attitude. They're songwriting has always been hit-and-miss (the only reason Mick and Keith ever even started writing songs was to compete with the Beatles), their musicianship even moreso. But they've always been good at posing as rebels (of course they're not actually rebels...rebels don't become millionaires)...

I will say this for Keith Richards, though. His unique guitar tunings and voicings have contributed greatly to the music of our times.

Peace,
The Rev

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I thought it was great.

They're 60+ and they still put on a good performance... as good as Aretha.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online