• Cleiton & Camargo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Lynch and Steve Whiteman

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Oh god, I love this song so much. Really fond memories of high school, right up in this thread.

You have no idea.

The original will always be the favourite of mine, but I'm really liking that cover by Korpi Ensemble. It's so chill and perfect. I guess I'm just so used to the high-pitched vocals from the original that it disappoints me when someone half-asses it (a couple of these covers were just terrible).

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Scorpions

Sonata Arctica's version is over the top EPIC though. Completely off the hook!

:grinthumb

Harkat

Reaction score
I do love the original, its simply a fantastic piece!!
Sonata Arctica works for me too!
Korpi Ensemble is good but doesn't quite catch the raw emotional vocals or raw instrumental strength that Scorpions have, IMO. It reminds me of that Cannibal Corpse lounge music XD, sorry, it just does!
George Lynch and Steve Whiteman have a surprisingly good cover, not exactly the same but an interesting outake. Got much gruffer vocals and much more feedback from the guitars.

I'm not quite sure of what to think of the other two though :heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll take my Finnish friends, they are a fabulous band whether covering or playin' their own material.

Sonata Arctica.:cheers:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am sticking with the Original :grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I don't see anyone ever doing a better version that the Original. Scorps wrote and recorded one of the greatest power ballads of all time in this song.

The covers, in order of listing:

• Sonata - is pretty cool. Starts out similar to the original, then cranks up the song from power ballad status to rockin' status. Not bad at all.
  • Korpi Ensemble - interesting. Decent to hear, but I wouldn't listen to this version very often.
  • Tyskarna från Lund = poop. It's on par (or worse) than the Scissor Sisters butchering Comfortably Numb. Actually no, I take that back. It's not as bad as that because even though the vocals are cruddy, at least Tyskarna sticks to the melody over the top of the techno/electronica garbage. SS's completely shit all over CN changing every single aspect of the song othe than the lyrics. (no offense meant to SS fans out there). /endrant
  • Cleiton & Camargo - not bad, although I have no clue what language that is, it is done very well, sticking with the beauty of the original.
  • George Lynch - I have this version and love it. Lynch did an entire Scorpions tribute/cover album and of course me being me, I love the whole thing. This song is no exception. The vocals seemed pretty harsh the first time I heard it, but it didn't take long for the whole thing to grow on me. Too bad the link is only a preview for those of us in the US.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online