Steven Tyler Sorry Star Spangled Banner Rendition NFL Playoffs

Berserker

Reaction score
Roseanne or Pat Mirida were the worst I ever heard. I won't look for clips because it was really bad, I don't care to hear either again. It's on par with Tyler's, I couldn't get all the way through that one.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Other than a handful of flat notes, he did a passable job. Wasn't really good, wasn't really bad, just kinda...neutral, I guess would be the word.

I think maybe a common pitfall is trying to do something differently, simply because of the enormity of the events. Sometimes, when they do that, they get out of their box.

By the way, I loved the Meatloaf rendition earlier in this thread. He didn't change his style at all, he sang it the way he sings any other song.

If you dig harmonies as much as I do, this is a real treat it starts off really well, and gets better as it goes, all the way to the very last note. :

Tor Hershman

Iconoclast Deluxe
Reaction score
The only thing I wonder about Mr. Tyler is, how many times were the cast of "Two & A Half Men" required to say "Steven Tyler" before he agreed to be on the show.
I can't really blame him before that he was always, to myself, either -
"The Guy from Aerosmith" or "The poor-man's Mick Jagger."

Hey, speaking of "The Star Spangled Banner" how may of you knew that the music is from an ancient British Pub Song entitled "The Anacreatic Song" BUT better know as "To Anacreon In Heaven"?

As far as moi knows, I'm the first person to have recored it. Methinks I truly did capture that quintessential essence of a bunch of drunk, philosophically inclined Englishmen.
What do you think?

SOGS,
Tor

BTW me wee YouTube vid was part of history classes @ SMU and UNC awhile back.

Ah HA!!! As far as moi NOW knows, a mister John Townley, LP "The Top Hits Of 1776,"
was the first to have recorded it BUT me still, so far, gotz the first video, i-self do.
However, I screwed-up, a tiny bit, with the lyrics. I knew the transcript of the lyrics BUT could not, given me WEE, microscopically so, knowledge of musicology get the lines to fit the music sooooooo.....I simply left-out some.
Mr. Townley is a much finer singer and arranger than moi but me'll take him on in the realm of the iconoclastic-ally comedic.

Last edited:

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I have a 45 (little record, big hole) of Light My Fire by Jose Feliciano.
On the flip side is his version of the national anthem from a baseball game in the late sixties. At the end you can hear some "boos" from the crowd as the song fades away.
I was watching this game (which is why I bought the single) and I thought he did a great job.

BTW, a couple of years ago I saw a few episodes of Roseanne's TV show from Hawaai and heard a reference to a baseball game ending her career. I don't suppose lack of overall talent had anything to do with it.

Berserker

Reaction score
Hahahaha, awwww Dan, I am a fat pig Dan, give me an Emmy. No, I like rosanne from her stand up but I hated the show.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online