Steve Miller (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I know so many people who can't stand Steve Miller's music and I suppose I can understand why: his sometimes irritating layered off-key vocals and overplayed overly pop oriented blues songs.
But I ain't one of those people. I love his music! Lately I've really been diggin' his early stuff (pre-Joker). Two days ago I added 4 vinyl LP's to my ever growing SMB vinyl collection.

Children Of the Future
Adventures Of A Space Cowboy (best of '68-'73)
The Best Of Steve Miller 1968-1973

all of these were in excellent condition.

Fever

Reaction score
Off the Sailor album with Boz Scaggs on lead vocals..This was the last Steve Miller Band album Scaggs was on.He left the band for a solo career.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Mood for some Miller,These Texas guys shure know how to put out some good tunes :grinthumb
The Stake
True fine love

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I just picked up "Book of Dreams" two weeks ago, the original vinyl edition.:D

The Stake is a great song, I usually crank that one up a bit when it comes up.:hab:

E-Z

Reaction score
Macca rates this dude very highly (4 sum reason?).

Ok Steve has done sum good stuff in the past especially the song THE JOKER from the early-1970s and the album FLY LIKE AN EAGLE from the mid-1970s.

Rock on Tommy...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah he wrote a song with Paul and played on Flaming Pie with him.

Here it is...and they both sing :grinthumb

I Used To Be Bad

I also updated the original OP and fixed some things up here since we're bumpin' it

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Macca rates this dude very highly (4 sum reason?).

Ok Steve has done sum good stuff in the past especially the song THE JOKER from the early-1970s and the album FLY LIKE AN EAGLE from the mid-1970s.

Rock on Tommy...

I have a compilation of Steve Miller's early work and it's alright.

But for me "Fly Like an Eagle" and "Book of Dreams" are head and shoulders his best work, they might be more commercial but that doesn't bother me every "starving artist" deserves a best selling record once in a while.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I seen Steve Miller live over the summer & he put on a great show playing all of his hits & even pulled out Kow Kow Calqulater & Space Cowboy from the early days. My favorite Steve Miller tunes are Space Cowboy & Serenade

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online