Status Quo - "The Frantic Four" Reunion March 2013

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
ffposter2.jpg

Taken from the official Status Quo web-site

We are delighted to announce that Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt, Alan Lancaster and John Coghlan, the original band line-up, are reforming for a one-off, never to be repeated series of UK dates in March 2013.

Status Quo manager Simon Porter said, “People have wanted this announcement to be made for years, and here it is. This is a real moment in the chequered history of Status Quo and it comes after almost 30 years of acrimony, and 10 years of law suits and court battles. Just 2 years ago the thought of the Frantic Four performing again was unthinkable. Now, 50 years on from when Francis and Alan first performed together as schoolboys, it is fitting that everything has come full circle for these unique one-off shows.

Additional Dates Added!

Due to phenomenal demand we are pleased to announce additional (and final) dates as shown below, tickets are on sale now from the link below:

Wednesday March 6th Manchester Apollo 0844 477 7677
Thursday March 7th Wolverhampton Civic 0870 320 7000
Saturday March 9th Glasgow 02 Academy 0844 477 2000
Sunday 10th March Glasgow 02 Academy 0844 477 2000
Tuesday 12th March Manchester 02 Apollo 0844 477 7677
Wednesday 13th March Wolverhampton Civic 0870 320 7000
Friday 15th March London, Hammersmith Apollo 0844 844 4748
Saturday 16th March London, Hammersmith Apollo 0844 844 4748
Sunday March 17th London, Wembley Arena 0844 815 0815

I have tickets for both nights at Hammersmith and will probably do Wembley Arena on the Sunday night as well. Most of the dates are sold out now, but there are still some tickets left, especially Wembley.

For those not in the know, this is the legendary line-up that ran from 1970 - 1981 that recorded the classic albums such as Piledriver, Hello!, Quo, On The Level, Blue For You and Live!.

The happiest day of my life when I got my Hammersmith tickets. ****ING HELL IT'S HAPPENING.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
I saw them in the early 80"s and they rocked the place!! It's sad they didn't plan any dates here in Holland where they are still very popular.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
If I can grab a ticket for Manchester I will catch this one. It's been a long time since I saw Alan Lancaster so yeah great stuff.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I saw them in the early 80"s and they rocked the place!! It's sad they didn't plan any dates here in Holland where they are still very popular.

Holland has been mentioned as part of a World Tour now that the band and management have seen how tickets have flown!

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Quo were just a PHENOMENAL band in the original line up, I was pretty obsessed with them as a 10 year old, them and Sabbath were the first two of what you would call proper 'rock' bands I ever loved, every album they made from 'Ma Kelly' ....through to 'Blue for You' in I guess around 1976 ....were about as good as rock 'n roll gets at that time, but then I thought they started to go downhill and sound far less rock, and more pop, and started using keyboards and brass and stuff, which to me ruined their unique guitar and drums sound that was their whole signature. I hope when they do these gigs they play lots of the old stuff and throw all their more recent bubblegum pop music out of the set list, and of course they better film the show for DVD release so that the millions of us ancient Quo fans around the world, who won't be able to get to the gigs, can see the original line up back again. I don't usually think a lot of these reunion things with bands work, but this is different as they were such an important band for me when I was growing up, in the early 70's they were pretty much the only 'denim and long hair' band around the single charts who were selling just as many millions of records and tickets as all the glam rock poseurs and retards, at least back in the UK. I still think Dog of Two Heads, Piledriver, Quo, Hello, On the Level, and Blue for You was as consistently good a quality back-to-back sequence of albums as ANY band from that era ever produced...kinda got me thinking about digging a couple of them out later from those 5 or 6 boxes of old 33rpm that I have in the basement that follow me around the world!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I hope you give the "chauffeur" a generous tip Master of the Diamond 9.2's.:cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online