Status Quo (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Status Quo

RE I am far from an expert on SQ seeing I only have 3 CD's, but here are a handful from the peak period of their career that are worth checking out.

Dog of Two Head
Piledriver
Hello!
On The Level

Sox and Sweaty are far more knowledgeable about them than I am so they might have more recommends to add.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Now then MR EVANS there are some real classics out there, you could start with Dog of two head (as mentioned by LG) as an early introduction, you can see where they are going with their sound from here. Blue for you and Piledriver (again mentioned by LG) and then one of the later ones if you like, Ain't complaining, here is a selection of tracks you may like from these albums. Hope you enjoy, you may like the live album too from 1977, has some great tracks:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I think LG and Sweat have covered the ones I would go for...

Blue For You ... Another pearler IMO.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

Clipsal...? What is that exactly Sal?

I am amazed they are touring in Adelaide, but it shows they are still successful beyond doubt. Truly a remarkable testimony to the bands longevity they have been playing since the late 60's.:bow:

Status Quo tour Australia fairly regularly. Seem to be very popular with Poms who emigrated from the UK way back when :heheh: My parents have been to their concerts a couple of times.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

My favourite live version and Quo song.

I always thought they had an unique sound, just like AC/DC having the same drum beat in almost all of their songs or is it just me?

ROLL OVER LAY DOWN!!

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

Now we are talking! My absolute favourite band.

Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon through to the Live! album, the 'Frantic Four' were untouchable. Some great moments throughout the 30 odd years after that, but not quite the same standard throughout. I've seen them live 23 times since my first ever concert at Wembley Arena in 1999. The latest being last Wednesday!

Great choice Nololob!

An absolute beast of a tune:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

The Dog of Two Head album would be faultless if it didn't contain 3 versions of Nananana.

One of Quo's finest moments, from the Quo album:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

^^ I've seen that album on vinyl... 4 days ago. If I had at least £3, cause that's how much 80% of LPs cost, I would definitely get it.

Here's my #2 Quo song.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online