Status Quo (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: Status Quo

They're playing Adelaide on Sunday, but I'm not going cause A) No money and B) Clipsal is pretty shit, despite having the best portable fast food shop I've ever eaten from.

As for their recordings, I'm not as much of a fan now as I used to be, but I still like a few of their tunes :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Clipsal...? What is that exactly Sal?

I am amazed they are touring in Adelaide, but it shows they are still successful beyond doubt. Truly a remarkable testimony to the bands longevity they have been playing since the late 60's.:bow:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Last year when I saw them Roy Wood supported them and he was excellent with his band, doing Wizzard and The Move stuff, truly grand. They got a standing ovation, some people went just to see them, I must admit I did as seen quo before but it was a bonus to get Quo again.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Clipsal...? What is that exactly Sal?

I am amazed they are touring in Adelaide, but it shows they are still successful beyond doubt. Truly a remarkable testimony to the bands longevity they have been playing since the late 60's.:bow:

Clipsal is an Australian electronics company, they sponsor the annual 500km V8 Supercars race held on Adelaide's famous racetrack. (Famous because half of it is public roads) It goes for 4 days (Thursday to Sunday) and becomes a mini-festival with massive concerts at night, fireworks and all the usual gabber.

Playing with Status Quo on Sunday is Noiseworks, Mental As Anything and Ian Moss from Cold Chisel :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks for the info Sal.:tup:

Sweaty...Roy Wood? At first I thought of Ron Wood but then I know he was in the Faces and then the Stones.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Yeah Roy Wood from ELO, The Move, Wizzard, as soon as I saw he was supporting I got a couple of tickets it was a real good show.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks Sweaty it's still early for me and my little gray cells take longer to function nowadays.:heheh:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

You guys have done it to me again. First, I had never heard Wishbone Ash. I now have Argus on the wish list. And now Status Quo. Again, I'd heard of them but never heard anything from them except Pictures Of Matchstick Men, but after listening to a few songs, I like what I heard and will now put a couple of their CDs on the wish list. Damn you people!:D Just when I think I've pretty much completed my collection, you give me another band to delve into. And there's alot of delving to do. I counted over 20 studio albums in the Wiki article. Any suggestions on what to start off with?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I checked these guys out further and I checked out the

Pictures of Matchbook Men

The name sounded familiar to me and hearing the song was even more familiar. It instantly reminded me who covered it and hearing the original I can see the fit. I heard that song covered by

Ozzy Osbourne

Both versions are cool by the way IMO! :grinthumb

Upon further exploration I also dug

In The Army Now

and the live performance show in the OP shows a lot of live energy! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof