Songs That Stayed....

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I dug The Move as a kid, as far back as 1968....picked up this album for 10p..still hit it up, and the re-packaged CD ain't bad.
This cut is better than the ELO one 12 months later.
The Move - Do Ya.
.... From the same final album - this:
The Move - Words Of Aaron.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
This dude really was the king of cool, my old mate Slip/ Southern will be on board here - his albums take pride of place in my racks.
Gil Scott Heron - The Bottle.

Reactions: E-Z

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Hard to think that the NME Stones flexi single from '72...slightly cracked open the door of this band for me. Two years later I bought this double delight complete with postcards and played the shagging thing to death on my old Garrard deck. Such was my devotion to this offering, I had.' Soul Survivor' tattooed on my arm- but it's this song I always come back to, I have played guitar thru' a 147 Leslie cabinet... and it gives great head... especially up loud!
'Let It Loose' was dabbled with in Olympic back in 1970...and then an instrumental track was cut in Néllcote in France... the sticky heat and wine cellar echo.. helped Keith's axework thru' that Leslie... and wrap it around the song( similar effect on the middle drop in Rocks Off).. the slightly warped feel lends it right up my alley. In late December in LA.. the song got a Gospel dusting and Shirley and Vanetta's vocals along with the assistance of Dr.John complement Jim Price and Nicky Hopkins able work. For me it's a stayer... especially on drives and when piss drunk.
Rolling Stones - Let It Loose ( original mix.)

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Roxy Music reminds me of a a vinyl single that I bought of I think it was Street Life on the A side but the B side had a track called All I Want Is You I think both songs appear on the Country Life album from 1974 and I played that song All I Want Is You loads of times over and over again back in 1974 cos the guitar solo blew mind mind and it still does all these years later.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Back in the day I used to, Greek Island hop.. rucksack- wrap of hash and a pair of Dunlop Greenflash.
This i bought on a pristeen Philips Label for pennies, later I found an album and carted it.... along with others from flat to flat:
Falcons - Perdido En El Universo.
( going in the casket.)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online