Some Of The Greatest Double-Bass Drummers.

The Better Double-Bass Drummer Is...

• ALEX VAN HALEN - Van Halen.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • CARTER BEAUFORD - Dave Matthews Band.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • DANNY CAREY - Tool.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • GENE HOGLAN - Strapping Young Lad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LARS ULRICH - Metallica.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MARTIN LOPEZ - Opeth.

• MORGAN ROSE - Sevendust.

• NEIL PEART - Rush.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • NICK MENZA - Megadeth.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • RAYMOND HERRERRA - Fear Factory.

• SCOTT ROCKENFIELD - Queensryche.

• SCOTT TRAVIS - Judas Priest.

• STEPHEN PERKINS - Jane's Addiction.

• TOMMY LEE - Motley Crue.

• VINNIE PAUL - Pantera.

• Total voters

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This was tricky. I voted for Neil Peart because he is an excellent drummer. Scott Travis must be one of the best double-kick technicians, as he is incredibly fast with his feet. The trouble is, I don't like the double-kick technique and find it difficult to listen to him. Mike Portnoy is probably the best all round double-kick drummer, as he can adapt his style to anything, but he is not on the list.

:peek

If you can be bothered to watch this drum solo, stick with it to the end, where he starts playing the floor!

I know drum solos are unfashionable these days, but you won't regret watching this. It's had six million hits for good reason:

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
This was tricky. I voted for Neil Peart because he is an excellent drummer. Scott Travis must be one of the best double-kick technicians, as he is incredibly fast with his feet.

:peek

If you can be bothered to watch this drum solo, stick with it to the end, where he starts playing the floor!
I can't see that right now as it's currently blocked here, but don't forget that you can vote for more than 1 person on this thread, so you don't have to stress sticking with just 1 guy. I'm not sure anyone else realized that yet. Just a tip.:cheers2

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Here's Neil Peart, with a revolving kit, for good measure:

It's kinda funny with some of the great "super kit" Drummers in some ways. Instead of having arms on their shoulders & legs at their feet, they got a Drumset as their "body"...lol.:oyea:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
From this list, I don't think anyone can touch Neil Peart's overall drum skills, I mean, it's not even close.

I don't know a lot about Neil's double bass drumming though and because of that, I can't vote for him. I'm sure he's fantastic, but I just don't know enough to judge.

So, from the rest of the list, I'd have to go with Scott Travis... fantastic drummer overall, and definitely a damn fine double bass drummer.

Not from the list: Eric Carr

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
It's a little surprising so far (even though I know I just created this thread) that nobody's voted for Raymond Herrerra, as he's the one who practically invented the "Machine Gun" style of Double-Bass Drumming. Tommy Lee's another good mention as he's the one who decided to play his kit upside down & at every other angle possible during a show!:omg:Damn, that's wild & I'd imagine that it would be quite tricky for most Drummers to even attempt, let alone be successful with.:cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online