Sold Out

metalife

Reaction score
Selling out is the most annoying term in music. Fans use such a cop out term to justify bashing a band for doing their own thing. Bands do not owe fans a ****ing thing regarding their sound. Selling out would if anything be pandering to the fans even if the music is not what they wanted to do.

Fans should stop expecting or putting pressure on bands to do what they want. If anything respect bands wanting to expand their horizons a bit. Selling out could also mean sacrificing artistic integrity for money but if the band wants to make that type of music then its not selling out anyway. People use it as a bandwagon statement.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

metalife

Reaction score
Ride The Lightning is pretty heavy overall as an album in my opinion. Just because there was one slower melodious song in there, these fans couldn't take it?? I don't understand these types of metal fans... what do they want? an album 100% filled with high speed riffing, double bass pedal and screaming? Geez... lol.

Those same fans would then bitch about Metallica being stagnant and trying to copy their old work had they kept being thrash.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :pullhair:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One band that does deserve to be called sell outs is Dead Kennedys for trying to put a punk song of theirs on a Levi's ad. That is ****ing unacceptable and totally goes against principles. ****ing idiots. Jello was right to fight that idea. That band is dead anyway without Jello.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
One band that does deserve to be called sell outs is Dead Kennedys for trying to put a punk song of theirs on a Levi's ad. That is ****ing unacceptable and totally goes against principles. ****ing idiots. Jello was right to fight that idea. That band is dead anyway without Jello.

I don't think a band with a guy named Jello can be taken seriously anyway! :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol Jello Biafra is awesome either way though. The point I was making was the Dead Kennedys band members sold out by suing Jello for not letting them put one of their songs on a jeans ad.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Yea I'm not a big fan of punk music either... at least as it existed in the 70s. Future mutations like post punk and new wave, I have less problem with.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad also I was not the only one who thought the notion of bands selling out is if anything only doing music for the fans and not for themselves which is very true to me. People call Aerosmith sellouts and they could be but if they don't want to do the 70s sounding albums again then good on them. They like any other band do not owe a thing to the fans in terms of musical sound, its their music to do whatever they feel like creatively.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online