Snowy White (Official Thread)

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score
Re: Snowy White.

Just got a new Thin Lizzy DVD where he appears along side Scott Gorham. Seems to keep pretty well

51zyaI0qrpL._SS500_.jpg

That gig is a bit shakey, Phil's not feeling too hot it seems. Sound problems too. But if you like Lizzy it's a good show :grinthumb

Rocker440

Reaction score

Indeed, Snowy White is an excellent guitarist, imo! I also enjoy both 'Renegade' and 'Chinatown' albums. Both of those albums are somewhat overlooked, as well. I also have a couple of other Snowy White albums/CD's that are pretty good, too. 'Goldtop' which has quite a lot of superb blues-driven style songs, playing and 'Melting' (S.W. & The White Flames). He is a very versatile and skilled guitar player! I enjoy his styles. :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

That's an a really cool song (wish you had more displayed :D) and a great example of a guitar virtuoso that can show off his skills within the context of the song. Even his solo was made to fit the song without going into the excesses I usually hate. :grinthumb

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Here's Snowy doing his best Gilmour interpretation, yet still sounding like himself. This is an alternate version of Pigs On The Wing Part 2 that never made it onto the Animals album, but can be found exclusively on the 8-track version!

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

Sorry, don't know what happened. Here it is!

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score

Here's Snowy doing his best Gilmour interpretation, yet still sounding like himself. This is an alternate version of Pigs On The Wing Part 2 that never made it onto the Animals album, but can be found exclusively on the 8-track version!

Didn't know if you knew it but this was done specifically to bridge the two songs together on the 8 track release. Something to do with the endless loop.

Dan

Reaction score
Indeed, Snowy White is an excellent guitarist, imo! I also enjoy both 'Renegade' and 'Chinatown' albums. Both of those albums are somewhat overlooked, as well. I also have a couple of other Snowy White albums/CD's that are pretty good, too. 'Goldtop' which has quite a lot of superb blues-driven style songs, playing and 'Melting' (S.W. & The White Flames). He is a very versatile and skilled guitar player! I enjoy his styles. :)

I know this is about snowy, just have to say renegade is one of the most underated albums of all time. Everybody should have a listen.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online