Snowy White (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
A great guitarist with a smooth voice. From Barnstaple in Devon UK, this guy had a stint with Thin Lizzy and was a back up musician for Pink Floyd. He has worked with Peter Green and cut some great solo gear. I saw him at The Running Horse in Nottingham and he and his band were brilliant. He actually sat on his amp watching his bass man take a solo rather than walk off stage, that impressed me.

Midnight Blues

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: Snowy White.

It impressed me to, I loved his set, the bass player did a lot of different styles and could play all of the well. Running horse was a small pub but had a really good sound. I would see him again anytime, what a ripper.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

That's a typical sign of a band just having fun and letting go on stage - very cool :D I'd like to go see Snowy if he comes around...

Always loved his stuff with Lizzy though most seemed to not like it a lot. He was on two great albums too. Though most seemed not to like them a lot... :heheh:

Did a great job on Waters' Berlin-Wall too.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I remember him playing with Roger Waters in Berlin...but other than that and his stint with Thin Lizzy he slipped past me.:dunno:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

His solo stuff is not so well known LG and not usually in the high street record shops but he is a solid musician and some of his work is a little on the progressive or experimental side.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I just did some sniffing around and see a couple of albums that look pretty interesting Sox.

Thanks for the new thread.:cheers:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

He had a bass player with him called Walter Latupeirissa who was incredible. They knocked out some really great tunes. I think Walter worked with Pat Travers too.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I was with Sox at the gig, what an impromptu set and in such an intimate place, I recall the bass player doing some Michael Jackson stuff just because he could.

gguerra

Reaction score

Just got a new Thin Lizzy DVD where he appears along side Scott Gorham. Seems to keep pretty well

51zyaI0qrpL._SS500_.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Chinatown and Renegade are the albums that Snowy features on and the track Sugar Blues off Chinatown is fantastic. I think Scott Gorham asked Snowy to join the band after seeing him with Pink Floyd in America somewhere.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online