Smashing Pumpkins (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Count me in on the Pumpkins lovefest. :D Picked up the majority of their big releases last year, but I've had no luck finding Machina II. (Rarer than an honest politician.)

I have it on my I-pod but it's still one physical gem that alludes me. Machina is supposed to one day be part of the reissue sets they were releasing and on top of that the very next one. I had my fingers crossed that the deluxe would include Machina II. :tongue:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Count me in on the Pumpkins lovefest. :D Picked up the majority of their big releases last year, but I've had no luck finding Machina II. (Rarer than an honest politician.)

The only official physical Machine II release is a double vinyl from Constantinople Records, which is probably impossible to find. I'm sure it'll be released/re-released in various physical formats at some point.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only official physical Machine II release is a double vinyl from Constantinople Records, which is probably impossible to find. I'm sure it'll be released/re-released in various physical formats at some point.

Hope so because I'd love to own all their discography. I'm a completionist. lol
Once I dig a band I have to have all their work even their less stellar stuff.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I hear ya. I'm exactly the same!

I have a lot of their early singles on CD and vinyl, sold some limited ones for a tidy sum as had the tracks on albums, sold some of the limited vinyl releases from back when I worked in a record store and made a few bob.

I think they lost their way a little, I loved them back in the day and their first few albums were amazing, great live band but they changed and went off on one and releasing limited stuff and downloaded stuff and it all just made me sad. I still listen to them now.

The box sets of their first two albums and the complation are unreal but expensive, worth the money tho.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adore is a killer album. Diggin Perfect and Daphne Descends.

Perfect

Daphne Descends

Beady Eye

Reaction score
Adore is a killer album. Diggin Perfect and Daphne Descends.

Absolutely agree! Adore is the only Pumpkins album that doesn't sound like Pumpkins. All those dreadful Teargarden, Oceania, Elegy pieces sound like a Billy Corgan assembly line.
When Adore came out I instantly loved it as much as I was surprised by the sound. Everyone hated it and I never understood why. A less vain Corgan could have built upon it and reached new heights of creativity. Of course Corgan was too vain for that and in the aftermath ruined the Pumpkins legacy.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SMASHING PUMPKINS Drummer Hints At 2018 Reunion Tour Featuring Original Lineup

Founding member and main songwriter Billy Corgan has been touring under the SMASHING PUMPKINS name for several years with a newer lineup of musicians, although Chamberlin rejoined the band two years ago.

More significantly, Corgan confirmed last summer that he had repaired his friendship with original bassist D'Arcy Wretzky, after not speaking for nearly two decades. With Chamberlin back in the band already and guitarist James Iha joining them onstage for the first time in sixteen years in early 2016, a reunion of the group's original lineup appears to be imminent.

Read more at Smashing Pumpkins Drummer Hints At 2018 Reunion Tour Featuring Original Lineup - Blabbermouth.net

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online