Smashing Pumpkins (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
An actual Pumpkins video! :omg:

Being Beige

My response to this first single was lukewarm when it came out and it should be noted that it was the first time ever I had a lukewarm response for a Pumpkins song. When Billy said that the new album would be heavy with a lot of guitar and I heard this it threw me off. I almost felt trolled and this is coming from a fan who has Adore up as one of their masterpieces. Maybe I was trolled by BC. When "One and All" was released next though I was like "Now this is more like it!". Once I got "Monuments..." though this song warmed with me and it had a charm. It was a simple earnest love song like with "Stand Inside Your Love". It's odd. The song appeals to me even more after the vid. The imagery is great but seeing the simple scenes of Billy in a casual hoodie singing it really reveals the vulnerability of the song. I love it and this is part of what was missing with Billy imo. The Pumpkins are everything. Music, lyrics, concept, theme and visuals. The Pumpkins were at their best when all is fully realized and tied together. My favorite band still going strong in my musical bubble. <3

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tire of bands saying their new album will be heavier than what the album ends up being. lol
Hype only works for so long if its not living up to it.

But I do love the album nevertheless.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
New video! :grinthumb

A lot of people have made this political but I like the message that this is an allegory for Billy playing to the beat of his own drum and suffering the consequences for it and moving on regardless! :grinthumb

Drum & Fife

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
sorry dont no why

:pullhair: but I`ve never listen to the smashing pumpkins. would now where to start now...

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
:pullhair: but I`ve never listen to the smashing pumpkins. would now where to start now...

Dude, I can't question at all your range of taste and music knowledge which makes me even more shocked how you missed my favorite band! :omg: :heheh:

As a fanboy I could give you a hook for listening to any album but as far as their most seminal cultural album Siamese Dream which is an amazing masterpiece is a good start. Just keep in mind that this band isn't sedimentary and always changes course so going from one album to another will always defy your expectations of them! :grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Dude, I can't question at all your range of taste and music knowledge which makes me even more shocked how you missed my favorite band! :omg: :heheh:

As a fanboy I could give you a hook for listening to any album but as far as their most seminal cultural album Siamese Dream which is an amazing masterpiece is a good start. Just keep in mind that this band isn't sedimentary and always changes course so going from one album to another will always defy your expectations of them! :grinthumb

thanks I`ll give it a spin :grinthumb

Reaction score
Count me in on the Pumpkins lovefest. :D Picked up the majority of their big releases last year, but I've had no luck finding Machina II. (Rarer than an honest politician.)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online