Smashing Pumpkins (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
They sound a good buy Soot and Stars, I do have loads of their material including box sets and compilations of rare stuff but the remasters are tempting, they are £25 in HMV so will check online or wait for them to drop in price:)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I just ordered both of these pre-orders for the Gish and Siamese Dream reissues! They look like a great package with tons of awesome stuff and at a total of about 72$ after S & H they better be amazing! :tongue: God, being a superfan is a challenge at times! :tongue:

I finally got them! :D I have to say that I'm elated to have these!!! Not just because of the quality but the resurgence and nostalgia I got from revisiting the music and being brought back to that stage of music as well as the packaged memorabilia, history and liner notes. This is well worth the money! :grinthumb Watching the DVD concert now! :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've been on a rather strong Bowie kick lately and this performances is where Billy and he collide and pop out on the other side in the form of a Mott The Hoople song. :good

They actually have really good chemistry together as singers if you ask me. :)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I finally got them! :D I have to say that I'm elated to have these!!! Not just because of the quality but the resurgence and nostalgia I got from revisiting the music and being brought back to that stage of music as well as the packaged memorabilia, history and liner notes. This is well worth the money! :grinthumb Watching the DVD concert now! :)

I see these are down in price now so I will be looking at buying them, I am on a real buzz about Smashing Pumpkins at the moment and cannot wait for the new album. I have been on their site and finally downloaded their free tracks.

I see they released limited editions of the EP's and they are fetching a fair price now, I would have purchased them some time ago but money was a little short. Would love to have them.

I have quite a number of their 12" singles and CD singles but have not collected their stuff for years, I suppose not working in a record shop anymore means I don't get my paws on the limited stuff straight away:(

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I think my sister may be an even bigger Pumpkins fan than Sooty! She has adored the band for years and even though it is a song hinting at suicide :uh: she has chosen to have 'Today' for her wedding dance song when she gets married in September.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think my sister may be an even bigger Pumpkins fan than Sooty! She has adored the band for years and even though it is a song hinting at suicide :uh: she has chosen to have 'Today' for her wedding dance song when she gets married in September.

I politely disagree as I don't believe it possible but I give you sister accolades for trying! :heheh: Welcome back Sunny! :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I see these are down in price now so I will be looking at buying them, I am on a real buzz about Smashing Pumpkins at the moment and cannot wait for the new album. I have been on their site and finally downloaded their free tracks.

I see they released limited editions of the EP's and they are fetching a fair price now, I would have purchased them some time ago but money was a little short. Would love to have them.

I have quite a number of their 12" singles and CD singles but have not collected their stuff for years, I suppose not working in a record shop anymore means I don't get my paws on the limited stuff straight away:(

Sweaty, believe me when I say they are well worth it. Buying those reissues was nostalgic as Hell for someone like me who's fairly young. Something about them makes me feel more in tune with who I was growing up and who I am now that I can't explain. Nothing speaks to me more musically so having two amazing albums enshrined with that packaging and treatment and having that sonic quality even further enhanced was magic! I had quite the binge after getting those believe me and I sang like an angsty teenager again. There's nothing more cathartic than Siamese Dream for me! It holds a very special place for me!

So in short, no knock on you for being short on money but definitely get the albums now and you won't regret it for a second! :cheers2

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Not long to wait now, it's supposed to be released June 18th :tup: I love Zeitgeist and some of the songs released from Teargarden by Kaleidyscope really hit the spot big time, so am itching to get my hands on Oceania!

A couple of favourites from Teargarden

The Fellowship

Song For A Son

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Sweaty, believe me when I say they are well worth it. Buying those reissues was nostalgic as Hell for someone like me who's fairly young. Something about them makes me feel more in tune with who I was growing up and who I am now that I can't explain. Nothing speaks to me more musically so having two amazing albums enshrined with that packaging and treatment and having that sonic quality even further enhanced was magic! I had quite the binge after getting those believe me and I sang like an angsty teenager again. There's nothing more cathartic than Siamese Dream for me! It holds a very special place for me!

So in short, no knock on you for being short on money but definitely get the albums now and you won't regret it for a second! :cheers2

I will order them in the next week or so, I can still remember the buzz of the first album I loved it from day one, I used to buy everything of theirs and remember seeing them live when Billy had hair and played me a song:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyalDonah

Members online