Slash tshirts banned from Guns N Roses concerts?

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

According to NME.com, a fan attending GUNS N' ROSES' concert at London, England's O2 Arena last night (May 31) revealed that he was told to remove his shirt before entering the venue because no one was allowed in wearing merchandise bearing the likeness of the band's former guitarist Slash. NME.com's source then asked security if this was the case and was told by a member of the venue's team, "We were told by the management not to allow anyone into the O2 Arena who is wearing a Slash T-shirt and we are asking anyone who is to remove it, and if they refuse, they will be turned away."

Speaking to NME.com today (June 1) about his ordeal, 18-year old James Revell — the fan that was allegedly forced to remove his Slash shirt — described what had happened. He said, "I felt very angry because I was looking after my little brotther at the time and felt as though my freedom to wear what I want had been taken away from me. However, I did not react angrily as I didn't want to spoil the show for him."

A photo of the T-shirt in question can be seen below.

In January 2010, Fernando Lebeis, the son of Beta Lebeis — GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose's personal assistant — denied reports that security at GN'R's Winnipeg concert banned fans from wearing Slash gear inside the show.

According to TMZ.com, concert security informed fans at the January 13, 2010 show that they were required to turn their Slash t-shirts inside out .... and leave their top hats outside.

TMZ.com spoke with a member of the concert security team who "confirmed the marching orders — and told [the web site] the instructions were passed down from a producer for the band."

However, Fernando Lebeis denied that any such ban ever took place. Writing on a GN'R message board, he said, "We did not advise any security to ban any sort of apparel.... If they did, they did it on their own accord, or under someone else's order — from within their management."

offendingshirt.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is hilarious...and beyond petty no matter who issued the order. I highly doubt anything like that would be done without consulting G 'n R...I mean Axl seeing G 'n R no longer exists except in his deluded imagination.:D

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Anyone other than Axl Rose and you'd be surprised. It's worth reading the account of the Metallica- Guns N Roses co-headlining tour in the 1990's, which is in this month's Classic Rock Magazine to appreciate just what an utter megalomaniac control freak this man truly is.

The real pity is for the guy's fans, of whom there are still of course millions. The idea that some 14 year old is saving up pocket money as a paperboy or something for this "band" to turn up on stage two hours late and then be hit and miss as to whether or not the set is any good according to the mood of the front man is a disgrace.

He's not half as talented as he thinks he is either. At least 50% of the GNR success was down to band chemistry, rather than the Axl + Ampersand that he thinks it's attributable to.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol at 'Guns n Roses' of today.

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Axl is a Big Ego! Doesn't go down well with loyal GnR fans..
Its understandable that Axl is the leader of one of the biggest bands out there now..Still would expect a bit of semblance and decency from him..
Send Axl to Dave Grohl for a lesson or two ...:)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I don't care if it was misundersttod or not...turning the T shirts inside out insn't any better!

What a douche! :rolleyes: :wtf: :bonk:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online