Slade (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
^^^ Belting album but I think "Slayed?" will always be my favourite.

hs2lgz.jpg

"Look At Last Nite"

It is a brilliant album indeed. Jim Lea's bass on Move Over... what a great and underrated bassist!

mich

Reaction score
I saw them in the early 70"s in Melbourne Australia and actually "somehow":heheh: went to a party organised for them. I spoke to Jimmy Lea (He's my fave).

Recky

Reaction score
first time I saw Slade was when they toured aussie with Quo and Lindisfarne...at either Randwick Racecourse or Sydney Showground...after all it wasnt last week...anyway, I was hooked and commenced to get a pile of slade vinyl over the years..fave albums include
SLADE ALIVE
SLADEST
WE'LL BRING THE HOUSE DOWN
SLADE ON STAGE
THE AMAZING KAMIKAZE SYNDROME

mich

Reaction score
Yes I saw them there too but also at Festival Hall Melbourne before that:woot: other concert.

Lost Johnny

Reaction score

I think this is one of their overlooked albums.It's great and I play it more than most of my Slade albums these days.Another great album is the B-Sides that was issued a couple of years back.Some of their greatest songs never made it to albums(until the reissues of course).
I went to see them here in my hometown of London,Ontario in 1976 along with Canadian band Thundermug.Easily the loudest show I have ever attended.

ballroomblitz69

Reaction score
My second favourite band♪ Only second to Sweet!

With all the influence they had on so many glam rock and glam metal bands, I think they deserve a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online