Skillet & Disciple Concert In My Town

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
When I went to my mail box yesterday there was something that caught my eye in the mail.. It was a flyer about a upcoming concert at the U of F.. Now this is strange because you never hear of any good bands coming to my area..

so it struck my interest and I went online to check out the bands on you tube..

the line up is..

Skillet
Disciple
We As Human
Manafest

From what I see about them is that they are a alternative (gospel) rock bands..
I thought I'd ask you guys if you think it would be worth it to go check them out since I never hear of any concerts worth going to in my home town..

A couple of video's to check out..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am only familiar with Skillet, Slip'n. They are awesome!

I discovered them about 4 years ago by mistake.....Skillet sounded like a country rock band name, so I did a little poking around and ended up liking their music. They are White Metal (another name for christian metal), and they have a christian message but they don't shove it down your throat.

I do know they put on a terrific show live. I have seen them at the Hard Rock Church and the price to see them was cheap...............I think my tickets only cost like $15 each.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks Magic for your input.. Skillet sounds more interesting to me then the other groups so I'll have to decide if I really want to go to a concert with this type of music..:cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If the tickets aren't too expensive, Slip'n, I would go if I were you.

If you want to check Skillet out more, I would recommend the albums Comatose and Collide. Those two Skillet songs you posted are off their 2009 album Awake, and have become very popular songs.

I checked with Setlist.fm to see what they played at their last gig, and here is the setlist:

Whispers In The Dark
Hero
The Last Night
Monster
Rebirthing

You can probably find all these live on youtube :D

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Magic your a big help really?? Thank you very much for taking the time to do some checking for me.. The flyer say's it's Skillet's "Awake and Alive tour" so I pulled up that video to see what they were about..

I'll look into some newer stuff.. This music takes me back some years when I was getting into Trapt and Seether and more alternative stuff..

Thanks a bunch for your help..:cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online