Sinead O'Connor Reported Missing in Chicago

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Sinead O'Connor Reported Missing in Chicago

720x405-AP_16137596387514.jpg

Sinead O'Connor has been reported missing after the singer didn't return from a bike ride in Chicago on Sunday morning. Police have classified as "missing suicidal" after an unidentified person called police Sunday afternoon concerned about O'Connor's well-being after she failed to return to the Chicago suburb, TMZ reports.

"The Wilmette Police is seeking to check the well-being of Sinead O'Connor. O'Connor reportedly left the Wilmette area for a bicycle ride yesterday at 6:00 a.m. and has not returned. A caller has expressed concern for her well-being and no other information is available at this time," police said in a statement to Billboard.

"We generated an information bulletin for local law enforcement, which has apparently made its way to social media," Wilmette Police Chief Brian King said in a statement to the Chicago Tribune. "Officers conducted checks of the area in which she was last observed, including parks and beaches."

On Sunday morning, O'Connor posted a statement on her Facebook alluding to a legal situation: "Jake, kindly go to the court on Tuesday and take custody your brother from Tusla. My lawyer will be making the illegal way yourself and Donal got him into Tusla (lying to the cops etc) known to the judge," she wrote. "Expect to be in trouble. In fact you'd best bring a lawyer of your own. And do not abandon your brother or any other of my babies again. What you have done to your brother and your mother is LITERALLY criminal."

A representative confirmed to Rolling Stone that there were no updates regarding the singer's status.

O'Connor was last seen wearing a black parka, black leather pants and a sweatshirt that says "Ireland" while riding her Raleigh motorized bicycle, reported TMZ.

O'Connor's disappearance comes six months after a similar incident in November 2015 when the singer posted a dire note on Facebook where she threatened to commit suicide following "a horrific set of betrayals" she accused her family of perpetrating against her.

"I have taken an overdose," she warned. "There is no other way to get respect. I am not at home, I'm at a hotel, somewhere in Ireland, under another name. If I wasn't posting this, my kids and family wouldn't even find out." Police in Ireland later revealed that they had found the singer "safe and sound" and receiving medical assistance.

More recently, O'Connor accused Arsenio Hall of being Prince's longtime drug dealer, an accusation that resulted in a $5 million lawsuit from the late-night host.

This is a developing story.

Read more: Sinead O'Connor Reported Missing in Chicago | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online