since this is the musician's thread....

Reaction score
That's a nice bass :D

Thank you :)

I'm saving up for this black one though....it's a Fender Aerodyne J-Bass and it has to be the most comfortable bass I have ever played and every time I go into a music store this is the one I sit down with.

YOU_WILL_BE_MINE.jpg

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I guess I "play" a number of instruments, though all badly:

I have a 1977 Martin M38:

Martinfullfront.jpg

a 1982 Stelling Staghorn:

Stellingfullfront.jpg

a Yamaha P120 (no one cares how old it is):

Yamaha.jpg

and my newest baby (in the shop for a setup right now), an '08 Parker PM20:

pm20whole.jpg

I'd include some detail shots, but the forum software is telling me I'm limited to 4 images.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I've been wanting to learn banjo, but don't have a banjo, don't have the motivation to buy something I don't know how to play, and don't have the money to buy a decent one cus I keep buying guitar amps haha, its such a cool instrument though, no other can sound like, so I guess props to you for playing it haha

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I've been wanting to learn banjo, but don't have a banjo, don't have the motivation to buy something I don't know how to play, and don't have the money to buy a decent one cus I keep buying guitar amps haha, its such a cool instrument though, no other can sound like, so I guess props to you for playing it haha

Yeah, learning the banjo is fraught with all kinds of difficulties - good ones are ridiculously expensive, and most bad ones are worse to play than a bad guitar (though if you're mechanically inclined, they can be easier to work on - they're sort of the "machine" of the stringed instrument world). Worst of all is that no one wants to hear someone learning to play (maybe not even the student), and they're incredibly loud. In that regard, practicing the banjo is a little like practicing yodeling. ;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You can post more images now Craig, Magic has increased the limit.

You have some really nice equipment, both instruments and electronics, and I'll wager you play just fine too.:rock:

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
i don't take pics of my gear or instruments, but this is what i play. I play the guitar my best instrument besides my voice. i also play fingered and slap bass, drums,keys, banjo and the sitar. i bought a sitar for 70 bucks on ebay. i love it. Nirvan's "come as you are" sounds great on it

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
i need to record myself playing a nirvana song or something. I can play all apologies, come as you are and heart shaped box so far.

I can play All Apologies, Smells like Teen Spirit, In Bloom, Polly, Come as You Are, Lounge Act, Something in the Way, and a bit of their cover of Plateau and Oh Me. Not very well, I must say, but I can get through them. :p
Been playing around 5 months now. Not brave enough to post a video. I'll post some pictures of my band though. I'm the bassist.

(Don't have my bass guitar yet, still doing chores for my dads friend, and he's going to give me one. )

Anyways, here are some pictures.

10852_209155492058_553667058_4126454_5610731_n.jpg

Band pic. (I'm on the farthest right)
My friend with the Guns n Roses shirt has been playing 9 years, and he's pretty frigging amazing at the guitar. He had long hair, but he cut it off due to peer pressure about a year ago. We're both starting to grow our hair out long.

We are currently undecided on a name.
Anyone have any suggestions? We're clueless :p

My guitar is nothing special, so I won't post a picture of it, but my friend Adams guitar is a pretty rare guitar(1000 in total)

11832_1084896902706_1834917752_168637_5789886_n.jpg

Last edited:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Hi all.. I'm just as close as a bedroom musician could be.. Not in a band so to speak but I play Bass and now have a few of them.. I also have a couple of nice six strings and a Tama Imperial Star 5 piece drum set that I have all of this crammed in a room.
I've been playing for going on 4 years now but was in a garage band growing up.
I just enjoy playing or anything to do with music..
Here's a old picture minus a few Basses..Crowded!!:heheh:
MusicRoom.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is an awesome collection of gear Thumper, the only thing missing are the amps and speakers.:rock:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online