SINAI (Official Thread)

Fever

Reaction score
Former Silvertide lead singer Walt Lafty has joined Nick Perri in the new band SINAI.Perri was the lead guitarist in Silvertide.Previous lead singer of SINAI Tyler Gurwicz has left the band.Shane Rozum is the drummer.

I saw Silvertide open for Van Halen several years ago when Hagar had rejoined the band.I thought they were really good.

www.SINAIBAND.com

Albums

2012 A Pinch of Chaos

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Silvertide members form SINAI

Sounds pretty good so far. More a modern rock sound though as opposed to Silvertide's retro appeal...

So does that mean Nick Perri isn't with Shinedown anymore?

I still think Silvertide could have gone places and I suspect the record label is the one who put the kebosh on them. I mean, the fact that these guys are playing together in this new band all but proves that it wasn't internal difficulties... The label wasn't happy with Show & Tell's success so they tried to launch Nick Perri as a folkie and wouldn't let Silvertide release their second album -- which as far as I know was already finished.

It's funny because during this same period (2005ish) I got into two artists that were brand new -- and that's something I've never done before or since, pretty much. And both of them put out a killer debut and then were lost in record label red tape limbo, ultimately being stopped from releasing their second album.

The example people always use... because it's a perfect example.... is Bruce Springsteen. If Bruce Springsteen was a new artist today they would have dropped him after Asbury Park because it wasn't a smash hit... labels today don't care if your second record will be Nevermind they only want to find instantaneous success. If I was ever in a position to give a band advice on what to do with themselves, I would tell them to for gods sake not sign with a major label. All they do is hold you down these days, it's like you're fighting uphill against the people who are supposed to be the ones spurring you on.

The other artist I got into was Anna Nalick. She had a smash hit single... I still hear it get play and it's been 5 bloody years. But the record couldn't bring in any more hits, I guess one isn't enough. She wanted to do a second album... they made her do an "EP" with one new track and a bunch of songs off of her first album, it was really just a single. I just found out a week or two ago that she got so fed up with it, she split with the label and now she's independent, and working with Taylor Swift's producer. So her next record should be a pretty decent piece of work, I'm thinking.

Fever

Reaction score

Nick Perri isn't with Shinedown anymore.He left in December of 2008.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

2008? Sheesh, did he spend any time with that band at all? Heh.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

I liked their song 45 a lot. Still do I guess. I also heard a cover of Simple Man they did which was good. Never been moved to check out anything else by them. Heard a song by them on the radio a few days ago and figured Perri was on it. Dunno what album it was from but wiki tells me he did play on their latest album so he may have been...

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

They have a ton of great songs(ShineDown). You are missing out.

Silvertide has been broken up for over 5 yrs? Wow!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

New Album Out:

A Pinch Of Chaos

album_cover600x533.jpg

Straight as an Arrow

:oy:

Fever