Sigur Ros (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Seriously, no ones picking up on Sigur Ros anymore? :bonk: This new album sounds great! This closer to the album sounds as relaxing and cathartic as an instrumental can get!

Fjögur píanó

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Love the new album just like just about every other album by Sigur Ros.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Wow! I just saw there's a video posted for my second favorite track, Fjögur píanó, and it has me moved in a number of ways. First, I admit it's pretentious. Part of me has me thinking of art students filming while tripping balls but the other half of me likes it. The song is so beautiful and opens itself very much to interpretation. The visual medium of videos is perfect for it. Even though it was really out there it got the emotions across and told a linear story at it's base even if it all wasn't wrapped up in a package that could be jarring to some. Anyway, Sigur Ros is really a band that's leaving a landmark on me this year! :)

Oh, and ladies, it has Shia Lebouf's and his package in the video if that's your thing! :heheh:

220px-Shia_LaBeouf_Cannes_2012.jpg

:uc:
Fjögur píanó

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Wow! That was unexplainable yet beautiful. One of the most intriguing music videos I've seen.

What about the song itself Gabble! I love it simple as it is! It's mesmerizing! I'm glad you liked it as a whole! I've watched it a couple times and I'm liking it more and more! It's one of those things where you never know exactly what's contained but you get more of a feel for it each time! They could've had a video of anything against the backdrop of this song and I'd still be pulled in. What a subtle enchanting beauty! :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I agree completely, the song is just as mesmerising and enchanting as the video and its minimalism creates a very peaceful atmosphere.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Wow! I just saw there's a video posted for my second favorite track, Fjögur píanó, and it has me moved in a number of ways. First, I admit it's pretentious. Part of me has me thinking of art students filming while tripping balls but the other half of me likes it. The song is so beautiful and opens itself very much to interpretation. The visual medium of videos is perfect for it. Even though it was really out there it got the emotions across and told a linear story at it's base even if it all wasn't wrapped up in a package that could be jarring to some. Anyway, Sigur Ros is really a band that's leaving a landmark on me this year! :)

Oh, and ladies, it has Shia Lebouf's and his package in the video if that's your thing! :heheh:

220px-Shia_LaBeouf_Cannes_2012.jpg

:uc:
Fjögur píanó

Yeah it was the VIP tent talk at Sigur Ros show on Tuesday nite at Prospect Park, Brooklyn. Met a few of the video makers and Jonsi popped in for a second. :)

Great show I decided not to sit in the typical VIP seats and went and stood in the crowd up front. Great show even the crickets where singing along. Only had my small camera.

7698258768_5ebd73a431.jpg

7698259182_28cd59bbfc.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Seriously, no ones picking up on Sigur Ros anymore? :bonk: This new album sounds great! This closer to the album sounds as relaxing and cathartic as an instrumental can get!

Sigur-Ros-Valtari.jpg

Fjögur píanó

Nice track :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Sigur-Ros-Valtari.jpg

Fjögur píanó

I would have guessed that was Sigur Ros even blindfolded...very nice ambiance to that song.:mn:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I would have guessed that was Sigur Ros even blindfolded...very nice ambiance to that song.:mn:

I like that song LG but believe it or not my favorite is even heavier in atmosphere and has the greatest build since Saeglopur IMO! I posted it on the last page but it bares repeating. Here's:

Varuo

(It could be quite the score)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online