• Signs of Life

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Cluster One

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
One thing that unites the two post-Waters Pink Floyd albums is that they both open with an atmospheric instrumental track - Signs of Life on A Momentary Lapse of Reason, and Cluster One on The Division Bell. So I thought I'd create a poll where you can choose your favourite of these two:

Signs of Life - Pink Floyd (1987)

Cluster One - Pink Floyd (1994)

I prefer Cluster One myself, I think the music is more powerful, you can definitely hear Rick Wright's input (not only does he play the piano and synthesisers, but he co-wrote the song) and I like David Gilmour's guitar sound on it, which reminds me a bit of some of Mark Knopfler's playing, whereas I find the guitar on Signs of Life sounds much more of its time. Overall I think Signs of Life is a decent enough composition, but Cluster One is better.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Definitely Cluster One! It is absolutely heavenly! The Division Bell takes me on a voyage from which I never want to return.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
To me, both songs are just album filler, however I'd rather listen to Cluster One, if for no other reason that Gilmour's limited guitar work in it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online