Screaming & Growling

Harkat

Reaction score
I have been looking for somewhere were I can learn of and discuss metal bands/songs

Honey, Im home!

Harkat

Reaction score
Scream, I like to shake things up when I get home >:D

Mark of Cenla

Reaction score
I am an old fart who likes singin' and not too much screams or growls. But hey, to each his/her own. All of it takes talent, practice, etc. Peace and goodwill.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I can live without growls, groans, barks, and excessive screams. But if done tastefully, they actually accentuate the music. I have heard some bands that the growls are just obnoxious.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I only like screaming and growling if the music itself isnt doing the same sort of thing, if the musics got rhythm to it, I can come to like the singers style.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
This band is amazing, I now have all three of their albums but on the 2nd one "Metallic Tragedy" and the brand new one they do the best job of combining the various styles of metal vocals better than I have ever heard before. I will never be into cookie monster type singing as a main course, but this band has found a perfect balance for me anyway.

2m3358g.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I personally really get into a lot of Death Metal , brutal Thrash and other sub-genres that have some pretty intense yelling, screaming etc. . Basically a wide variety of music that incorporates these styles of vocals.

It took me a little while to understand and or appreciate it for the most part ( other then a few vocalist like John Tardy of Obituary who I loved instantly ) but I truly feel my musical world has been expanded for the better , much bigger, much better and more open minded.

It's not for everyone and I don't get emotional about others negative opinions of the sub-genres. It is obviously not for them any more then cheesy pop music is for me . I find pop and it's musical expressions extremely obnoxious to the point of having to physically suppress outbursts if subjected to too much of it and have had these feels of disgust and displeasure in regards to pop ever since my pre-teen years .

To each their own...just don't bring your pop over to my area... :heheh:

EDIT: This is a general statement and not intended as a response toward anyone as I haven't even read any of this thread.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online