Saxon (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Sure you can get it cheap enough.Do yourself a favor and buy it mate.It ****** all over Sabbath's latest effort.Album of the year in my opinion

Comes third on my list of albums of the year after Purple and Blackmore's Night. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Haven't listened to Blackmore's new album enough to place it on my list, but Saxon and Purple have both released good records this year...better than either Sabbath or Aerosmith's efforts for my money.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Sure you can get it cheap enough.Do yourself a favor and buy it mate.It ****** all over Sabbath's latest effort.Album of the year in my opinion

I have heard it, just been buying so many albums and blu-rays lately just off my radar but it will be in my collection for sure...:grinthumb

KingM

Reaction score
I'm crossing the border next Saturday to see Saxon in Montreal. Super stoked. I was surprised to see that the venue only holds 800 people, so I should get a good view as well.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You are lucky KingM, they aren't coming anywhere near Western Canada this time out.:(

KingM

Reaction score
It's going to be my daughter's first concert. She's a huge metal nerd and has been binging on Saxon the last couple of weeks. Getting tickets was the only thing that could tear her away from her favorite band, Sabaton.

The only downside is that she's almost 14 but could easily look a couple of years older. Anyone at the concert gets handsie, I'm going to unleash some Heavy Metal Thunder on his ass. ;)

KingM

Reaction score
The show was pretty awesome. Wish I could do stuff like that more often.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Glad you enjoyed the Saxon concert, what did your daughter think of it KingM??

KingM

Reaction score
^^Glad you enjoyed the Saxon concert, what did your daughter think of it KingM??

She was super excited. Of the songs she said she wanted to hear, they hit five of seven (Strangers in the Night, Wheels of Steel, Motorcycle Man, Princess of the Night, Heavy Metal Thunder), and missed two (20,000 Feet and Suzie Hold On). I didn't think they'd play Suzie Hold On, but I was surprised they didn't play 20,000 Feet. I don't know their typical playlist, but that's one of my favorites.

Fozzy was really good, too. High energy and some great music. Halcyon Way started first, and they were decent, I thought.

As for Saxon, I really liked the stuff from Sacrifice, which I hadn't bought yet, I'm ashamed to say. I'm correcting that now.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think Saxon have done extremely well with their last 4 CD's.

If I could pick a set list I would beg, plead, throw a tantrum to convince them to do the entire "Unleash the Beast" and "Killing Ground" CD's live for me.:hb:

Never going to happen but one can dream.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebDimond

Members online