Sarah McLachlan (Official Thread)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Sarah McLachlan Thread

Even though very early Sarah Mclachlan isn't my favorite I like a few songs from the first two c.d.s!

Touch
(she sounds very new agy on this debut)
Sarah+McLachlan+-+Touch+(1989).jpg

Vox
S & S likes another lady artist. I'm soooo surprised. :tongue:

I heard vox in 1989 and fell hard. I bought the album a few days later and have always enjoyed the first 6 songs. Was a big fan of Sarah for her first three albums (solace and Fumbling to Ecstasy) she then lost me with Surfacing although I like Building a Mystery. These days I listen to her rarely but still enjoy a few songs. I saw her at lilith fair in 1997 and one other time shorty after.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

S & S likes another lady artist. I'm soooo surprised. :tongue:

I heard vox in 1989 and fell hard. I bought the album a few days later and have always enjoyed the first 6 songs. Was a big fan of Sarah for her first three albums (solace and Fumbling to Ecstasy) she then lost me with Surfacing although I like Building a Mystery. These days I listen to her rarely but still enjoy a few songs. I saw her at lilith fair in 1997 and one other time shorty after.

I thought the first couple albums were a little too new agy so I started around Fumbling... on! I like her more alternative myself and on Afterglow she started getting too adult contemporary with more bite. i think the new album will be more varied and to my liking! :grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

I thought the first couple albums were a little too new agy so I started around Fumbling... on! I like her more alternative myself and on Afterglow she started getting too adult contemporary with more bite. i think the new album will be more varied and to my liking! :grinthumb
the two albums I really still listen to are her first and Fumbling which is my favorite. Yeah I agree Aflerglow is too adult contemporary for me too. Is she really going to take a step in another direction on her new album I would be interested in that.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

the two albums I really still listen to are her first and Fumbling which is my favorite. Yeah I agree Aflerglow is too adult contemporary for me too. Is she really going to take a step in another direction on her new album I would be interested in that.

Actually, from the contrast of the two singles posted it looks like she's making a divide between a poppier style and her raw confessional tracks! I read up on the story behind Forgiveness and it sounds like this is an inspired album! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Really liking the new album! Forgiveness is just as great in the studio version and the song Love Comes is another great ballad! I don't think Sarah reinvented herself but rather reinvigorated her best elements in one package! It feels fresh and not watered down like her previous album!

Love Comes

Forgiveness
(a new classic)

Loving lying enemy
I have seen your face before
Never thought again I’d see
Didn’t want to anymore

I remember your loving eyes
And the moonlit kiss
The evening lullabies I will truly miss
Through the years we had it all
Midnight whispers, the midday calls
This house of cards, it had to fall

And you ask for forgiveness
You’re asking too much
I have sheltered my heart in a place you can’t touch
Don’t believe when you tell me your love is real
Because you don’t know much about heaven boy
If you have to hurt to feel

Every time I see you
I can’t help but look away
All along I had believed everything you’d say
When I look now I know I’ve seen your face before
Don’t want your deceiving smile
Standing at my door
And I don’t care what people say
I’m ready now to face this day

You’re asking too much

if you have to hurt

You’re asking too much

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Really like this collaboration with singer

Susan Enan
Susan+Enan.jpg

Makes me just as curious to hear Susan! The harmonies are great and it's got a great new age sound!

Bring On The Wonder

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Oh my didn't know this existed until last nite. My fiends roomate played with DMC last nite and they did it and of course walk this way

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

This is one song I really like from her. It's a duet as well, which makes it better

Beautiful.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Two great additions to the thread guys! :grinthumb Aktivator if I'm honest I wasn't crazy about DMCs rapping in that. As a rap fan the rhymes seemed phoned in and it seemed lackluster. Hearing Sarah mcLachlan sing the Cat's In The Cradle chorus makes it all worth it though! :grinthumb

P & C, this is the first thingI've ever liked from Josh Groban. I know he's talented but I just don't like his material so a good voice can't make me overcome that. here the song was great already and when they harmonized it was goosebump beautiful. Josh on his own doesn't have the character of Sarah's voice and that song needs it. I don't like smooth "perfect" voices. A great collaboration though and a fresh pleasant way to hear that song! :grinthumb

Kuaizi

Reaction score

Some of the most beautiful falsetto singing!! The dynamics, the tone, it's brilliant!

Fear

This is my all time favorite song by Sarah:

Sweet Surrender

And one more for now, one of her most delicate songs:
I Love You

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments