S.R.C. (The Scot Richard Case) (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
SRC-Ray.jpg

Wiki Link

SRC (1968, Capitol Records)
Milestones (1969, Capitol Records)
Traveler's Tale (1970, Capitol Records)
Lost Masters[1] (includes 1970 recordings for a fourth album, 1993, One Way Records)

The SRC was formed by Scott Richardson, the Chosen Few lead singer, with local band The Fugitives, which featured Glenn Quackenbush, Gary Quackenbush & E.G. Clawson, all based in Ann Arbor. Jeep Holland, manager of The Rationals, became their manager and suggested Richardson as lead singer. Bass player Robin Dale was added later.

Holland, also a record store manager, later served as Russ Gibb's booking agent and was associated with many of the top Detroit based artists of his time such as MC5, The Thyme, and others. The Quackenbush brothers went to see Richardson at one of the final Chosen Few gigs at the Ann Arbor Armory, run by Pete Andrews (later SRC's manager). They formed the Scott Richard Case, later known as SRC

Took the above from Wikipedia so cheated a bit lol.

I have the CD with both 60's albums, "SRC / MILESTONES", - Very good.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: S.r.c.

SRC - a very cool band. From what I understand they along with Amboy Dukes, Bob Seger System, Terry Knight and the Pack, The Rationals, MC5 and The Thyme, (and early Grand Funk) help create the Detroit sound, which had a big music scene back in the 60's. So big, it spread and influenced the whole country. Every one was digging the sounds coming out of Detroit.

The SCR were signed to Capitol records, so you know they were the real deal back then, although some critics thought they needed a new lead singer. I just think they didn't get it.

SRC used to play at Grande Ballroom in downtown Detroit as headliners and as opening acts to such greats as Cream, The Who, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, The Grateful Dead, The Jeff Beck Group, Led Zeppelin and others.

I have these SRC albums...

SRC (1968)
Milestones (1969)
Traveler's Tale (1970)
Lost Masters (1993)

Here's a SRV video, I made just for this thread...

not much of a video, but the song is high energy!

:nana:

Up All Night

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Thanks for that Groovy Man, great video and tune, I like those type of bands, just really easy to get into and the the music lasts.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Great spotlight band Sweaty. Nice vid Groovy Man.

I first heard SRC on our local 93QFM during their "Flashback" radio show in 1981. Hard to believe that there was already a flashback show then. I discovered lots of great bands listening to that, SRC among them. I have Milestones and a recent compilation, Black Sheep. Wonderful, over looked late sixties band from Michigan, breeding ground for quite a few significant bands along with a thriving music scene in the main cities.

Here's another taste of SRC:

Interval from their first self titled album. A real corker!

Show Me from Milestones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Great videos Odysseus, it is a shame that these bands don't get more recognition and air time.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Good thread Sweaty! i heard S.R.C on john peel on the radio some years back and before that i must admit id never heard of them. I love the sustained electric guitar on "black sheep". Thanks to groovy man and odysseus for shedding more light on this quality band.:)

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Hey, those are my initials! :tongue:
I've never heard of the band personally, but I'll check them out.

EDIT: Upon further research, I'm finding it hard to find much of their music. Of what I have found thus far, I'm really liking "I'm So Glad" and "Checkmate". Not too fond of the singer, but I do like the music itself :D

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Found it ! This S.R.C track is outstanding....love that psychedelic fuzztone guitar :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online