Lou Gramm Atlantic Anthology Coming

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lou-Gramm-Long-Hard-Look-300x300.jpg

Lou Gramm’s solo output for Atlantic Records is the subject of a new collection, Lou Gramm: Questions And Answers – The Atlantic Anthology 1987-1989. The 3-CD set arrives May 28, 2021 in the U.K.; the U.S. release arrives one week later on June 4 from HNE Recordings via Cherry Red Records.

Gramm had been recording with the Rochester, NY-based band, Black Sheep, since the early 1970s. Releasing two LPs for Capitol, Gramm met his future bandmate and songwriting partner Mick Jones in 1975 when Black Sheep opened for Spooky Tooth in Rochester. In 1976, Jones was looking for a singer for his new band, and with Black Sheep having split at the end of ’75, Gramm was available and joined Foreigner as lead vocalist.

Atlantic won a bidding war and the group released their self-titled album in 1977, which included the future classic rock songs “Cold As Ice” and “Feels Like The First Time.”

https://bestclassicbands.com/foreigner-first-time-7-28-17/

Ten years and many hits later, Gramm, born May 2, 1950, released his debut solo album, Ready Or Not, in 1987. Produced by Pat Moran with Gramm, it featured a #5 hit “Midnight Blue.” The album is very much a family affair, featuring contributions from Lou’s brother Ben Jr. on drums and his father Ben Sr. on trumpet. The core of the band was former Black Sheep bassist Ben Turgon, who make a significant songwriting contribution to the album, plus guitarist Nils Logfren.

Gramm, possessing one of the era’s classic voices, released his second solo LP, Long Hard Look, in 1989, with “Just Between You and Me” becoming another radio hit, reaching #6 on the U.S. Hot 100.

The collection’s third disc gathers together some of his Atlantic-era rarities, including two versions of “Lost in the Shadows (The Lost Boys)” from the film’s soundtrack. To promote Lou’s 1987 debut, Atlantic released a promotion-only album to radio stations LP, “Questions And Answers.” featuring Gramm’s interview with radio host Dan Neer discussing the album and his career.

Track listing appears below the links.

Lou Gramm: Questions And Answers – The Atlantic Anthology 1987-1989 Track Listing

DISC ONE: READY OR NOT (1987)

1. READY OR NOT
2. HEARTACHE
3. MIDNIGHT BLUE
4. TIME
5. IF I DON’T HAVE YOU
6. SHE’S GOT TO KNOW
7. ARROW THRU YOUR HEART
8. UNTIL I MAKE YOU MINE
9. CHAIN OF LOVE
10. LOVER COME BACK

DISC TWO:
LONG HARD LOOK (1989)

1. ANGEL WITH A DIRTY FACE
2. JUST BETWEEN YOU AND ME
3. BROKEN DREAMS
4. TRUE BLUE LOVE
5. I’LL COME RUNNING
6. HANGIN’ ON MY HIP
7. WARMEST RISING SUN
8. DAY ONE
9. I’LL KNOW WHEN IT’S OVER
10. TIN SOLDIER

DISC THREE:
SINGLE VERSIONS /
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (1987-89)

1. LOST IN THE SHADOWS (THE LOST BOYS) (VOCAL EDIT)
2. LOST IN THE SHADOWS (THE LOST BOYS) (VOCAL LP VERSION)
3. READY OR NOT (ROCK REMIX)
4. READY OR NOT (EXTENDED DANCE MIX)
5. READY OR NOT (INSTRUMENTAL REMIX)
6. MIDNIGHT BLUE (EXTENDED REMIX)
7. TRUE BLUE LOVE (EDIT)
8. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (UNBANDED – PROMO INTERVIEW ALBUM)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online