Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBellRules

Reaction score
The way I see it, the only thing wrong with Rush is Geddy Lee's schnoz. And he can't help that.

Rush is phenomal, I just hit up Rush in Rio (DVD). That's the closest I've been to seeing Rush live. It'd be awesome to say that I have seen them live and forreal.

I got to see those washing machines you were talking about above...I was wondering what those were all about too.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Good gimmick, that washer and dryer....I first saw them onstage behind Rush when they were playing the Toronto SARS benefit a few yrs ago, of course I watched it on TV across the country here in B.C.
There was no way I wanted to catch that nasty SARS virus!!!....lol

Big Generator

Reaction score
TheEvilErk2008 said:
Also youll want to notice the 3 stooges. They consider themselves teh three stooges of rock or something...so each has a little doll.

Alex is a humorous fello and when he was telling all the stuff he needs for the show, he emphasized the need for a lot of flashing nifty lights and such..

Wow...I had no idea that Rush were even aware of comedy....I mean I do love them but they are the most earnest band in the world.

Big Generator

Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Good gimmick, that washer and dryer....I first saw them onstage behind Rush when they were playing the Toronto SARS benefit a few yrs ago, of course I watched it on TV across the country here in B.C.
There was no way I wanted to catch that nasty SARS virus!!!....lol

The screens featuring classic photos of Rush were a mistake on the 30th Anniversary tour....each time I managed to orientate myself to how they grizzled they look now some photo of them in 1980 or whenever would flash up...and I'd start to feel depressed about how much time has past...and how old I'm getting...and how ancient everyone in the audience looked too.

I'd just seen the Rush in Rio DVD...and the Maracana was full of young gorgeous women...but in London it was thousands of pot-bellied old dads in 1987 tour T-shirts...

Still...it was all worth it to witness the genius of Peart....who is as amazing as ever.

TheEvilErk2008

Hail the 80s!
Reaction score
outside my mind, in a little town called crazy
Check out this video my bands, I play guitar, interpretation of "Spirit of Radio" which features one of the most difficult melodies ever created, awesome drums, and horrible singing! Tell me what you think of it but keep in mind its difficult, its a video, I have bad tone equipment, and we are looking for more members. http://www.freewebs.com/quantumrock/media.htm

RoxorFuxor

Awesome Monger
Reaction score
I have to agree with Peart being one of the best drummers. Everytime I listen to them I ALWAYS say that, he is just amazing. I think I respect Rush more than I actually like them. That is to say, I always include them as one of my favorite bands, but I don't know that many of their songs by heart. They just seem to be a band that was totally in it for the music, not the money. Xanadu is definitely my favorite song of theirs. The Trees is pretty cool, too, hell Hemispheres is a great album all around. They were very consistent and always made some good music (though I think their first two albums aren't that great, sound too Led Zep influenced).

EDIT: They are coming to play here in May! I am totally getting tickets.

Last edited:

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
TheEvilErk2008 said:
Check out this video my bands, I play guitar, interpretation of "Spirit of Radio" which features one of the most difficult melodies ever created, awesome drums, and horrible singing! Tell me what you think of it but keep in mind its difficult, its a video, I have bad tone equipment, and we are looking for more members. http://www.freewebs.com/quantumrock/media.htm
I kind of enjoyed both videos Erk, it reminded me of my old teen-age jamming days especially since I used to play with guitarists only sometimes (no bassist present)....so there were a lot of drums/guitar jams including Rush songs with my pal, Steve.
I'd say your timing is pretty good, and you generally know what your doing....I'd say, get a bass player (who can sing-lol) and polish up the songs a bit....and you should have a good power trio there.
Rush songs can be quite complex and challenging so I'd suggest to include cover tunes from other bands into your set as well. :eek:hyeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online