Ronnie James Dio (Official Tribute Thread)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Official Ronnie James Dio tribute thread

from blabbermouth.net

EDGUY/AVANTASIA Frontman: DIO 'Was The Epitome Of The Perfect Heavy Metal Vocalist' - May 18, 2010
EDGUY/AVANTASIA frontman Tobias Sammet has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"[On Sunday] I [was] informed about the sad news of Ronnie James Dio's passing. It is impossible to find any words for what went through my head and what Ronnie means for me as a vocalist, and as a fanboy too. He gave us so much enchanting music, poetic lyrics and great vocals. To me he was the epitome of the perfect heavy metal vocalist.

"With EDGUY we have had the chance to share the stage with Ronnie on several occasions and so I've been given the opportunity to meet him about ten years ago. He was a very nice person with a tremendous charisma who made you feel very appreciated in his environment. I wanted to have him on several AVANTASIA albums but the schedule never allowed it; he was always busy, always had many things on his schedule, a real workaholic and full of visions and enthusiam.

"Ronnie, you will always be remembered as one of the biggest vocalists in the history of music! Rock'n'roll will never forget you — rest in peace!"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

ICED EARTH Mainman: DIO 'Was The Most Genuine Person I've Ever Met In The Music Industry' - May 18, 2010
ICED EARTH mainman/guitarist Jon Schaffer has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I just wanted to write a note about Ronnie James Dio and how much I will miss him.

"Ronnie was the most genuine person I've ever met in the music industry.

"I think we've all had run-ins with our childhood heroes, and sometimes it can be a disappointing experience. This was definitely not the case with Ronnie. He was a wise, kind, and special person, and a dear friend that will be greatly missed.

"Rest in peace, brother. Your spirit and music will continue to inspire generations to come."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

PEARL JAM Pays Tribute To RONNIE JAMES DIO - May 18, 2010
A BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor has submitted the following report:

"Just got home from the PEARL JAM show in Boston, Massachusetts.

"I arrived at the [TD] Garden about 45 minutes before the opening act, BAND OF HORSES, hit the stage. I was pleasantly surprised to hear music from the entire career of Ronnie James Dio (RAINBOW, DIO, BLACK SABBATH) loudly playing over the house speakers the entire time! And in an even cooler moment, during the closing of the 'Alive', [PEARL JAM] finished up the song by belting out the unmistakable riffs from BLACK SABBATH's track 'Heaven And Hell'!

"Cheers to PEARL JAM.

"Long live rock n' roll.

"Dio will be sorely missed."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

SAXON Frontman: DIO's 'Voice Was Always Powerful And Soaring' - May 18, 2010
SAXON frontman Biff Byford has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"Today I heard my friend Ronnie Dio has lost his battle.

"It is a great loss to us all.

"I first met Ronnie in the early Eighties when we played with BLACK SABBATH and BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, the infamous 'Black And Blue' tour.

"I first heard him sing on 'The Butterfly Ball' and from that moment I understood what great singing was all about; he was at the top of his game from then on.

"His voice was always powerful and soaring; his phrasing was uniquely his, copied by many but never bettered.

"I will miss him as we all will.

"The last time we met was in Finland last year, both bands stranded in an airport with flight delays. What do you do?! Go to the bar, get drunk and tell rock and roll stories.

"He told great stories.

"Deepest condolences to his family.

"Somewhere in the night a candle burns for you

"To absent friends."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

DOUG ALDRICH: RONNIE JAMES DIO 'Brought So Much Happiness Through His Music' - May 18, 2010
Guitarist Doug Aldrich (DIO, WHITESNAKE) has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I'm going to miss him so much.

"We lost a giant [on Sunday]...

"Just broken today.

"I was blessed to share some music with him, but mostly, I am thankful his friendship.

"Ronnie was a good-hearted, caring man. He brought so much happiness through his music.

"Thank you, Ronnie, for the gifts you shared with us.

"Ronnie made magic and Ronnie was and will always be golden.

"Goodbye, Ronnie. Love you forever."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

ANNIHILATOR's JEFF WATERS: DIO Was A 'Uniquely Talented', 'Super-Nice Person' - May 18, 2010
Guitarist Jeff Waters of Canadian thrash metal veterans ANNIHILATOR has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"[Ronnie] was a super-nice person, uniquely talented and has left us all with great music. In a way, it will strange to live and work in a world and business where Ronnie James Dio is no longer on tour, at the festivals, putting out his music.

"You will never be forgotten and will live on in the music of so many others.

"Stand up and shout."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth.net

MOTÖRHEAD's LEMMY Is 'Devastated' By RONNIE JAMES DIO's Passing - May 18, 2010
Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister of MOTÖRHEAD has released the following statement regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW):

"I'm truly upset, especially since he seemed to be rallying at the [Revolver] Golden Gods show [on April 8, 2010 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California].

"Bon voyage, Ronnie. Rest in peace.

"I'm devastated."

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

blabbermouth

SLIPKNOT's COREY TAYLOR: DIO Was One Of The Strongest And Most Consistent Singers Of All Time - May 17, 2010
Corey Taylor of SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR released a statement to Billboard.com regarding the passing of legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW). He called Dio "one of the strongest, purist and consistent singers of all time. Ronnie sang like he lived — all out, from the heart, with so much honesty and joy. He was a great man with a smile and a handshake for fans and peers alike. He spoke his mind and stood his ground for decades. I will miss him dearly."

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online