Rolling Stones release new/old album The Brussels Affair

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock

The Rolling Stones have officially opened an online archive of photos, video and unreleased music, and their first offering is amongst the most coveted pieces of Stones memorabilia not really available. ‘The Brussels Affair’ is now officially for sale at StonesArchive.com.

Rolling Stones diehards may have some version of this album, which has also gone by names like ‘Europe 73′ on the bootleg market. The newly opened archive reports those versions often included tracks from other dates on the 1973 tour, not just songs from the legendary show in Brussels. This version is taken “from the original multi-track masters recorded by Andy Johns on the Rolling Stones Mobile Studio.”

Fans of the band who weren’t alive or able to see or hear Keith Richards and Mick Taylor bounce guitar licks off of each other get to do so plenty on this album. There are 15 songs, including an 11 minute long version of ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ and an almost 13 minute long version of ‘Midnight Rambler.’ One can hear samples of each of the songs at the Stones Archive store.

At a time when other bands are gouging fans on re-releases of classic music, the $4.99 price tag is a pleasant surprise. The Rolling Stones Archive shows plenty of promise; more rare merchandise, never-before-seen films and unheard music are expected in coming months.

Brussels-Affair.jpg

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I have this bootleg...it's one of their most popular boots amongst Stones fans and best sounding too...

I believe this was a King Biscuit Flower Hour concert.

The date on my bootleg says 10/13/1973, with the same exact setlist.

IMO, they should of officially remastered and released this on CD, for future fans to hear.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I have this bootleg...it's one of their most popular boots amongst Stones fans and best sounding too...

I believe this was a King Biscuit Flower Hour concert.

The date on my bootleg says 10/13/1973, with the same exact setlist.

IMO, they should of officially remastered and released this on CD, for future fans to hear.
Agreed. I have Brussels Affair. I'm not into Goats Head but this is a great show.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
^Goats Head's Soup has a lot of good tunes!

Personally, I'd rate it 7 on a scale of 1 -10
Hi Groov... I thought it was very good yet it did not register with me for some reason...dare I say a bit too polished? It just did not have that rawness and immediacy of the previous efforts. That Richards/Taylor combo will always remain my favorite edition of the band.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
gcczep, personally, I though any of those songs would of fit nicely on Exile....

Anyway, I think the Stones were too high to have polished anything back then. :heheh:

But too each his own, as they say!

:cheers2

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
gcczep, personally, I though any of those songs would of fit nicely on Exile....

Anyway, I think the Stones were too high to have polished anything back then. :heheh:

But too each his own, as they say!

:cheers2
Good one sir! :oyea: There was a blurb about how that was when Jagger was taking over the band's musical direction while Richards was spiraling into his addictions.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Am I missing something, or is this only for sale as a download>?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Goats Head is one of my favorite records! :D

This looks like a great gig, I'll definitely pick it up. Wish they'd put it on CD though so I could get it for my Dad for Xmas. If I burn it for him he'll just think it's a bootleg. :p

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.