Rock's Dumbest Musicians

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I am surprised this topic hasn't surfaced before. Leave it to me to run multiple searches for a previous occurence *sigh*

Here is the place to name who you think some of the dumber musicians have been from the beginnings to today. I'm expecting we will mostly get rock but I've got a feeling we will see some pop "stars."

I'd hope a little thought goes into some of the choices. If it helps, here are the sort of behaviors that might get an artist nominated by one of you.

-Bad business decisions (guys who squandered their earnings)

-Bad personnel decisions (guys who shot themselves in the foot with lousy lineup shuffles)

-Bad career decisions (might include guys who left a group or made a startling career or image change which effectively ruined their career)

-Bad life decisions (might include but not limited to any type of legal trouble)

Those are just a FEW possible ideas.

Other factors that might be considered.

-Guys who appear to be as dumb as a post, just from the way they carry themselves. Perhaps they try and BS their way through an interview but it soon becomes clear they don't really know what they are talking about and don't have a clue.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I see you were serious about your thread explosion Aero...:heheh:

If you had asked me I could have told you we didn't have a thread like this one.;)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
The band Mayhem in general is very dumb. Especially Per "Dead" Ohlin.
On 8 April 1991, Ohlin was found dead, by Euronymous, of a shotgun wound to the head. He had also cut his wrists and left a suicide note, which included an apology for having shot a firearm indoors and which ended with: "Excuse all the blood."
In fact Euronymous, guitarist took a picture (instead of calling the police) of him after suicide and it's been used as an album cover for Dawn of the Black Hearts.

I can't tag it as , it looks very brutal.

Weirdly Ohlin killed himself 3 days after my birthday. :heheh:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I see you were serious about your thread explosion Aero...:heheh:

If you had asked me I could have told you we didn't have a thread like this one.;)

Ah yes. What Soot asks for, he gets.

Except for that foot rub! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I don't work in a spa so no surprise there.;)

Here's my candidate, and I know his fans are going rush to his defense, but Axl Rose was the primary reason for Guns & Roses disbanding.(I still consider Chinese Democracy an Axl solo record and always will.)

AxlRose5.jpg

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
^^I don't work in a spa so no surprise there.;)

Here's my candidate, and I know his fans are going rush to his defense, but Axl Rose was the primary reason for Guns & Roses disbanding.(I still consider Chinese Democracy an Axl solo record and always will.)

AxlRose5.jpg

This gets my vote! Axl burned his bridges big time not only with his former band mates but his fans as well. He had everything in the world and he blew it all away because he couldn't keep his big ego in check. I heard that Chinese Democracy is a disaster, no big surprise. To my understanding you can purchase the album for $2.00 at Best Buy.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^No accounting for who people fall in love with or why TC...but I am not surprised you managed to squeeze Yoko in here...:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online