Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2023

Old Nick

Reaction score
Madonna and Van Halen are already

Madonna and Van Halen are already in.
.Van Halen????. Really???.Have you ever seen their induction ceremony?. It was 2007 or 2008. Just Hagar and Anthony showed up there. It was very dissapointing.

And Madonna?...I don't care much about her career and her music. Sorry if I missed that she was in already. She shouldn't be before Ken Hensley...for example.

E-Z

Reaction score
I only listen to and more importantly 'respect' late 1960s and 1970s 'rock musicians' and artists so people like Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran & Billie Eilish are NO BODIES in my world in fact the 'music business' today is just a fashion show and has nothing to do with 'proper' ROCK MUSIC from the 'golden age' of rock between 1968-1980 on both sides of the Atlantic.

Last edited:

Old Nick

Reaction score
I only listen to and more importantly 'respect' late 1960s and 1970s 'rock musicians' and artists so people like Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran & Billie Eilish are NO BODIES in my world in fact the 'music business' today is just a fashion show and has nothing to do with 'proper' ROCK MUSIC from the 'golden age' of rock between 1968-1980 on both sides of the Atlantic
You are totally right. My indignation is only because I consider it disrespectful, an insult, and because it will be worse from now on.
It is like a silent mockery and takes away all the meaning of the recognition.
Who is behind all this? I would like to know.
It's unpleasant to hear when legends of Rock die in the shadows, and they put talentless wimps in the same Hall as Elvis who don't even have anything to do with it.
It is not a trivial matter as it seems.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
A 'snub list'....and comments on the bands/artists (click on the artist)
https://futurerocklegends.com/The_Snub_List/

(btw this site has a link to all the info on the RRHOF...on the left of page it tells who runs it, who votes, the inductees, snubs, .......etc.. Clicking on the artist name gives you a wealth of info on them)

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Old NIck asked..." Who is behind all this? I would like to know."
Here ya go....
There are four key positions at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame:

• Chairman of the Board of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation: John Sykes
  • President and CEO of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation: Joel Peresman
  • President and CEO of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum: Greg Harris
  • Chairman of the Nominating Committee: Rick Krim
Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner previously was the longtime Chairman of the Foundation, but stepped aside at the end of 2019. For many snubbed artists, Wenner was perceived to be the Rock Hall bogeyman, the person who stood in the way of their induction out of a personal grudge. He is no longer involved in the nomination and induction process, although he is an advisor on the non-performer committee.
Clicking on the 4 bigwigs gives you a bio.
Jon Landau had a good deal of infliuence on nominees but Krim is in charge now and is a fan of prog and other rock acts but some don't think it will change anytime soon.

Last edited:

Old Nick

Reaction score
Old NIck asked..." Who is behind all this? I would like to know."
Here ya go....
There are four key positions at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame:

• Chairman of the Board of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation: John Sykes
  • President and CEO of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation: Joel Peresman
  • President and CEO of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum: Greg Harris
  • Chairman of the Nominating Committee: Rick Krim
Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner previously was the longtime Chairman of the Foundation, but stepped aside at the end of 2019. For many snubbed artists, Wenner was perceived to be the Rock Hall bogeyman, the person who stood in the way of their induction out of a personal grudge. He is no longer involved in the nomination and induction process, although he is an advisor on the non-performer committee.
Clicking on the 4 bigwigs gives yoiu a bio.
Thank you for the information.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online